Happy New Year !!!!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Happy new year to one and all!!!! 

To be honest I generally get depressed  instead of whooping & hollering  ....too  many memories  , too many people not around anymore ,  some  taken too young , ...... so sod the  festivities ........ watched  the wonderfully gentle humour  of the  "Detectorists"  series on BBC Four ....no adverts ...no Big Ben  ...no Scotsmen ....and no  bloody  Auld Lang Syne .       

Well happy new year too you miserable old Phart!! 
I'll take that as a compliment  Mr Sharpie   and bat it right back at yer !!!   

Wish you all the best for the coming year . 

The missus reckons I'm the only disciple of Victor Meldrew ...dunno why ....     went in the kitchen for a snack over Christmas ...missus comes in ..."I don't believe it !!   (Its rubbing off)   we get all this food in  and what are you eating ... Toast and Dripping  , where are you from ?  The back streets of Birmingum "  ??    Well yes .    But we had beef for once  and there was dripping  with that savoury jelly  left  .....so ...what wine goes with Toast & Dripping  :C

Happy new year to one and all!!!! 

To be honest I generally get depressed  instead of whooping & hollering  ....too  many memories  , too many people not around anymore ,  some  taken too young , ...... so sod the  festivities ........ watched  the wonderfully gentle humour  of the  "Detectorists"  series on BBC Four ....no adverts ...no Big Ben  ...no Scotsmen ....and no  bloody  Auld Lang Syne .       
I did similar this year , as time marches on the  ones we love  that are gone leave a hole that cannot be filled.

@Tony S I'm sorry.   I know how you feel,  you take care and keep your chin up.

It is a bittersweet time of the year .  

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope you all have a good year gents, you all seem genuine guys that deserve it, I am a great believer in karma, so hopeful we will all be ok.😀😀

Just back from Xmas and new year with BIL and familly.  He is SERIOUSLY grumpy now he has turned 60 and not liking being that age one bit.

Dave  ,  try telling him its better than the alternative . 

I've just been trying to contact an old workmate who I know has been  very ill .....landline and mobile  are not responding  :(    Edit:-    As in  they are shut down . 

Last edited by a moderator:
A new year used to be a time when it would take a month or two, to get used to writing a different year on the date of any cheques you wrote,. (To pay things such as utility bills etc.)  Which just made me wonder, when was the last time any of you actually wrote a cheque for anything?

Doc H.

Just looked through the business cheque book  every cheque  from last January is for the wholesalers. 

Incoming cheques are few and far between and because of bank branch closures they now have a deal with the Post Office for paying in there which is useful.   

There is a branch 3 miles away but I'm the ethnic minority in that area and you can queue forever and really don't want to be there  specially with cash .   Much counter thumping & arguing going on .   So next nearest branch is Aldridge  , 6 miles away . 

I think they'll get rid of cheques ...too expensive to administer .