A wannabe electrician

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

viorelflower

Reaction score
After a few months i realized you can't trick life.I was in a project of electricians or so called and after what i have discovered from them is that you can have a title but you can't achieve it.Now getting back to where i was:These so called teenagers were seriously childish and full of void.When i saw most of them in the field i expected them to know nothing about electrical work or about circuits(at least this is the part where I'm right)but they knew how to use a conductor and a cable and they were able most of them to turn on a circuit with a socket without needing a DC battery.

Thing is i realized that i was unsuited for this job when I heard the word,,teamwork''.No offense,in my childhood i used to do most of the things myself without the help of my parents and even if there were correct or incorrect i could still understand them but working with a so called ,,team'' is not for everyone.For example:Most of the leaders were selfish and they didn't seem to care about the members at all.Most of them build their own environment and they were only interested in doing all by themselves without the help of others.They could explain most of the things but i doubt someone could memorize and understand what they were saying.The members (teenagers) were parallel with most of the activities and i started to ask myself a lot of questions in my mind like:Why can't they explain us?Where are the volunteers?The guys who helped or at least they say they tried were the volunteers.They had nothing in common with this project and most of their leaders probably they were workers in farms when they graduated their highschool and got their degrees.So what I'm trying to say is that if you pretend that you are suited for that job than I'll start asking myself questions if I know or not what I choosed.This thread is not for myself,it is  for others that had this crazy idea of becoming something that they're not.

Oh and I almost forgot to tell you that in the last activity the teenager leaders knew what they had to do and they were a few of them that had all this in common with the electric hub.Well i guess you're right:I had no idea how to use this electric screwdriver and other tools.This unity with teamwork meant to me commanded or ordered like in the army.

They also lacked informations about ac and dc current,circuits.Well at least i got rid of this theory from ac components with coils,capacitors,resistors.Is it required to understand these as an electrician?

I didn't knew that.

I hope I will be guided in the right path.What happens if you try to lie to someone that you know something they don't?I did that in that project and I have nightmares for what I did.

None of this makes sense to me.

Anyone else?
What I tried to say is that I'm not suited for this electrician job and that what I did was illegal.I joined a project without realizing that it was my fault for tricking others that I'm good at this.

I tried to read the post but gave up.

At least I'm not alone in my confusion. 
How are you confused?All i said is that i have 0 skills to be an electrician and that others were better than me at installing cables or whatever they did.

I've read it and I am confused as to what you are saying.

Are you asking us something?

Or just making a rambling statement?

I've read it and I am confused as to what you are saying.

Are you asking us something?

Or just making a rambling statement?
I did make a statement and I also asked a question:

Well at least i got rid of this theory from ac components with coils,capacitors,resistors.Is it required to understand these as an electrician?

What i asked here and what it meant is do you need to understand ac basics to be an electrician.What happens if you only know dc theory and no ac theory?

What I don't understand is how did you figured it out that I'm not suited to be an electrician?I mean i knew a few theory about dc circuits.Isn't that all i need to know?

I did make a statement and I also asked a question:

Well at least i got rid of this theory from ac components with coils,capacitors,resistors.Is it required to understand these as an electrician?

What i asked here and what it meant is do you need to understand ac basics to be an electrician.What happens if you only know dc theory and no ac theory?
Of course you need to understand how AC works to be an electrician, underpinning knowledge is important in understanding many aspects of the job such as planning, design and fault finding of electrical circuits to name but a few.

without such underpinning knowledge you would never make a "good" electrician but if you were keen you may make a good sparky mate and so be under direct supervision of an electrician.

So you will need to understand all series and parallel RLC circuit?Even how a coil works?Why would you need that?

I see.Is this job fitted for a guy who doesn't work in team and works all by himself?What could happen if that guy had a panic attack after he was mistreated by his collegue ?I'm asking this because I had the same situation and I did suffered a panic attack.Thing is I barely recovered

like everyone else, i have no idea what you are trying to say or ask...
What I meant is can you get stressed after lots and lots of argues with you mates?I was annoyed extremely and i suffered a panic attack.Do you always have to work in teams or could you work alone?

You see I have a problem with stress and that is I am sensible.If I freak out at maximum I won't recover that easy.

yes, you can work alone. many of us here do
Well.....In the project,a psychologist told me that electricians work in teams and that they can't be alone.Was she right about that?

I see.Is this job fitted for a guy who doesn't work in team and works all by himself?What could happen if that guy had a panic attack after he was mistreated by his collegue ?I'm asking this because I had the same situation and I did suffered a panic attack.Thing is I barely recovered
I have been a spark for many years and in that time team work was very important, sometimes you are working as a squad with other sparks other times you are the only spark but you are still interacting with other trades and people.

Being helpful and interacting with other people I have always found to be beneficial.

Any loners I have met have never been too successful in this trade, that's not to say there isn't exceptions to this rule but I can't think of any just know.

Status
Not open for further replies.