How long before the UK grinds to a halt?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We closed our coal mines. We shut down most of our coal fired stations. Never really tried to clean them up with carbon capture first. We shut down our own nuclear industry so we no longer have the capability to design and build our own.

But it's all right, we have some wind turbines.

And we are all going to have electric cars soon.

What can possibly go wrong?

The grid struggles to cope with the ad break in the middle of Coronation Street , when  5 million kettles are switched on .....I would say that there is no capacity to support millions of electric cars charging up overnight . 

i dont think power generation will be an issue once everyone suddenly buys an electric car. all the local transformers & underground cables will have melted due to overload so no power generation required. and france can keep their electricity, we'll just be sitting in the dark

It's okay the Chinese will save us! 

That is if WW3 doesn't break out anytime soon.

Interesting that the German government quite often pays its citizens to consume electricity they cannot otherwise use.
I saw a report a few days back that one of North Korean's test fired rockets malfunctioned and landed on one of their own cities.

It it had landed on a S Korean or Japanese city, even if by accident I thing we would be in a very bad situation.

The political elite are concerned, the general population has become too powerful, and they need to control us.

No, I've not gone mad.  Think about it.

The level of education is being reduced, dumbed down, but social media is exploding.

Their social experiment with reducing the level of education has backfired, because people (in general) are believing the lettuced on social media.

Which is not what they want.

Remember Hitler's philosophy, a poor unhealthy, uneducated population is easy to manipulate...

However, back then there was no social media, what does social media require to function?

The grid struggles to cope with the ad break in the middle of Coronation Street , when  5 million kettles are switched on .....I would say that there is no capacity to support millions of electric cars charging up overnight . 

Well if the EU had their way we'd be using 1kw kettles to make tea so by the time the kettles boiled coronation st would have finished....

I saw a report a few days back that one of North Korean's test fired rockets malfunctioned and landed on one of their own cities.

It it had landed on a S Korean or Japanese city, even if by accident I thing we would be in a very bad situation.

Dont think DPRK wants a war really, just the status of being a nuclear power, they have too much to loose and don't have a lot on the first place.

The Russians and the Chinese are the ones to watch both are stockpiling and preparing their infrastructure for war, with whom ?

Either way we're courgetteed as we've sold everything and don't have the ability to make stuff anymore. 

The political elite are concerned, the general population has become too powerful, and they need to control us.

No, I've not gone mad.  Think about it.

The level of education is being reduced, dumbed down, but social media is exploding.

Their social experiment with reducing the level of education has backfired, because people (in general) are believing the lettuced on social media.

Which is not what they want.

Remember Hitler's philosophy, a poor unhealthy, uneducated population is easy to manipulate...

However, back then there was no social media, what does social media require to function?

There just in it for the money, they cant plan long term we are the creator s of our own demise the politicians are mearly parasites.

Right... What's that Romanian fella up to???

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be more concerned about the rejection of facts and the increasing prevalence of post modernist ideology coming from academia than any "political elite"

Had exactly this conversation today & I see trouble looming on the streets especially if those in power fudge the brexit thing........communist  sorry Labour party have been unusually quiet recently.

And that's the problem... blind greed that we are all paying for, they won't stop until were all like this:

7a4c693fffc1146366a1509a9055c92e.jpeg.85a82455a3195c60b4cc351cfffd32d9.jpeg

At least we won't have electricity problems...

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh  How true  that is  .....there are countries , Mr Sharpie ,  where people disappear for making comments like that .

Of course you wouldn't want to be a popular British TV presenter in the late 60's  who first aired a possible conspiracy in the shooting of JFK  and found himself persona non grata  ,  his programme pulled , his career over and obscurity looming . 

Had exactly this conversation today & I see trouble looming on the streets especially if those in power fudge the brexit thing........communist  sorry Labour party have been unusually quiet recently.
The Labour party is far from being communist, although I'm sure there are a few in there somewhere. We could do with some trouble on the streets, the wealthy we bailed out have just made themselves wealthier with the bail-out money, and now ordinary people are dying from lack of social services and an NHS being allowed to fail as a deliberate policy to privatise it. Austerity budet isn't finished yet, as I keep pointing out, 2020 is the deadline for cuts to Local Government, third world state, here we come! (but not for the elite of course).