Jump to content

DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.
Evans Electric

Cell phone use .

Recommended Posts

Evans Electric

One particular job I was running a supply to  a ceiling mounted projector in a  university lecture theatre .   This was being fitted by  three guys ,  a 50yr old  ,  a youngster /trainee  and a 30 yr old with a cell phone welded too the side of his head .    

 

So , old guy & youngster fixing brackets in ceiling ...Mobile Man on phone .  Struggling to mount the projector cassette ...Mobile Man on the phone .... he went to the van , 6 floors down ..on the phone ...I looked down from the window ...MM on the phone ..... MM in back of van , on the phone ...carrying a box  back ...on the phone ...old guy & mate  working away , MM on the phone  ...we all go 3 floors down to a cafeteria ..MM on the phone ...all the work carried out by Old Guy & Mate   while MM talks on the phone .

Around 3 pm  MM goes off to the toilet ...on the phone naturally ,  so I asked  Old Guy if MM was the gaffer ..he said no he's got a lot of mates  ...he's like that all the way back in the van .

 

By the look on my face  I could see the light bulb come on  over Old Guy's head  and when MM returned  I saw him having a few choice words  .  

Thing was , it stuck with me because it was accepted as normal ....the guy was being paid to come to site , talk on his cell all day  and go home . 

Edited by Evans Electric

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ProDave

I just took over SWMBO's old phone. It took me the best part of a week to disable all the hundreds of things that kept making it play various tunes and "notify" me of something.  All I want it to do is ring ring like a proper phone when someone calls and make a quiet noise when I receive a text message.

 

Two young lads on a recent job were using a phone to play music. Such a small tinny speaker in the phone made it literally sound like you were using a tin can as a speaker. A complete affront so someone like me who likes to listen to music on a proper decent pair of speakers. But they just accepted it as ok.

 

Standards are slipping I tell thee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blue Duck
1 hour ago, ProDave said:

I just took over SWMBO's old phone. It took me the best part of a week to disable all the hundreds of things that kept making it play various tunes and "notify" me of something.  All I want it to do is ring ring like a proper phone when someone calls and make a quiet noise when I receive a text message.

 

Two young lads on a recent job were using a phone to play music. Such a small tinny speaker in the phone made it literally sound like you were using a tin can as a speaker. A complete affront so someone like me who likes to listen to music on a proper decent pair of speakers. But they just accepted it as ok.

 

Standards are slipping I tell thee.

 

 

Mrs Duck always plays music on her phone, drives me nuts!

I confiscate it and plug it into the hifi but she is not bovvered where it comes from.

I think our hearing is getting worse and we are becoming a lofi race, probably all them radio waves and microwaves messing up our ears! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tony S

I asked to borrow the lads phone while working on a OH crane. Clumsy me, I dropped it 100Ft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rapparee
16 hours ago, Tony S said:

I asked to borrow the lads phone while working on a OH crane. Clumsy me, I dropped it 100Ft.

I've actually done this twice, but only from 30ft. The company Nokia survived both times.

 

The fitters company phone lasted a month before getting run over by a forklift.

 

I have since been given a Caterpillar phone which is supposed to be indestructible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Andy™
54 minutes ago, rapparee said:

 

I have since been given a Caterpillar phone which is supposed to be indestructible.

 

i think you should test that theory

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sprocketflup
59 minutes ago, rapparee said:

I've actually done this twice, but only from 30ft. The company Nokia survived both times.

 

The fitters company phone lasted a month before getting run over by a forklift.

 

I have since been given a Caterpillar phone which is supposed to be indestructible.

The Nokia would probably dent the concrete floor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Evans Electric
22 hours ago, Blue Duck said:

Mrs Duck always plays music on her phone, drives me nuts!

I confiscate it and plug it into the hifi but she is not bovvered where it comes from.

 

I can never understand that either , music through a speaker the size of a pin head. 

 

Also remember T.Mobile  sending a message " Do I want to watch the England match on my phone "?     Oooh yes  watching the England V Germany  match on a 2 inch screen . :C 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

Terms of UseWe have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.