DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.
Evans Electric

Cell phone use .

Evans Electric

One particular job I was running a supply to  a ceiling mounted projector in a  university lecture theatre .   This was being fitted by  three guys ,  a 50yr old  ,  a youngster /trainee  and a 30 yr old with a cell phone welded too the side of his head .    

So , old guy & youngster fixing brackets in ceiling ...Mobile Man on phone .  Struggling to mount the projector cassette ...Mobile Man on the phone .... he went to the van , 6 floors down ..on the phone ...I looked down from the window ...MM on the phone ..... MM in back of van , on the phone ...carrying a box  back ...on the phone ...old guy & mate  working away , MM on the phone  ...we all go 3 floors down to a cafeteria ..MM on the phone ...all the work carried out by Old Guy & Mate   while MM talks on the phone .

Around 3 pm  MM goes off to the toilet ...on the phone naturally ,  so I asked  Old Guy if MM was the gaffer ..he said no he's got a lot of mates  ...he's like that all the way back in the van .

By the look on my face  I could see the light bulb come on  over Old Guy's head  and when MM returned  I saw him having a few choice words  .  

Thing was , it stuck with me because it was accepted as normal ....the guy was being paid to come to site , talk on his cell all day  and go home . 

Edited by Evans Electric

ProDave

I just took over SWMBO's old phone. It took me the best part of a week to disable all the hundreds of things that kept making it play various tunes and "notify" me of something.  All I want it to do is ring ring like a proper phone when someone calls and make a quiet noise when I receive a text message.

Two young lads on a recent job were using a phone to play music. Such a small tinny speaker in the phone made it literally sound like you were using a tin can as a speaker. A complete affront so someone like me who likes to listen to music on a proper decent pair of speakers. But they just accepted it as ok.

Standards are slipping I tell thee.

Blue Duck
1 hour ago, ProDave said:

I just took over SWMBO's old phone. It took me the best part of a week to disable all the hundreds of things that kept making it play various tunes and "notify" me of something.  All I want it to do is ring ring like a proper phone when someone calls and make a quiet noise when I receive a text message.

Two young lads on a recent job were using a phone to play music. Such a small tinny speaker in the phone made it literally sound like you were using a tin can as a speaker. A complete affront so someone like me who likes to listen to music on a proper decent pair of speakers. But they just accepted it as ok.

Standards are slipping I tell thee.

Mrs Duck always plays music on her phone, drives me nuts!

I confiscate it and plug it into the hifi but she is not bovvered where it comes from.

I think our hearing is getting worse and we are becoming a lofi race, probably all them radio waves and microwaves messing up our ears! 

Tony S

I asked to borrow the lads phone while working on a OH crane. Clumsy me, I dropped it 100Ft.

rapparee
16 hours ago, Tony S said:

I asked to borrow the lads phone while working on a OH crane. Clumsy me, I dropped it 100Ft.

I've actually done this twice, but only from 30ft. The company Nokia survived both times.

The fitters company phone lasted a month before getting run over by a forklift.

I have since been given a Caterpillar phone which is supposed to be indestructible.

Andy™
54 minutes ago, rapparee said:

I have since been given a Caterpillar phone which is supposed to be indestructible.

i think you should test that theory

sprocketflup
59 minutes ago, rapparee said:

I've actually done this twice, but only from 30ft. The company Nokia survived both times.

The fitters company phone lasted a month before getting run over by a forklift.

The Nokia would probably dent the concrete floor.

Evans Electric
22 hours ago, Blue Duck said:

Mrs Duck always plays music on her phone, drives me nuts!

I confiscate it and plug it into the hifi but she is not bovvered where it comes from.

I can never understand that either , music through a speaker the size of a pin head. 

Also remember T.Mobile  sending a message " Do I want to watch the England match on my phone "?     Oooh yes  watching the England V Germany  match on a 2 inch screen . :C