wifi electronic dimmer light switches

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pete the plug

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

First post on the forum so a big hello to all.

Couple of questions, Doing a house rewire where all the lights will be LED downlighters, so ceiling roses are not an option, so cables will be brought to the wall switches to have accessible interconnections instead. Not too happy about the prospect of having perhaps up to 3 terminations in a single flimsy switch connection, would you recommend making all connections to terminal strips/wago connectors,  then use a fly lead to the switch?

Many of the switches will be  LumoS electronic wifi dimmer type, which I guess would effect the final test reading  / be destroyed with a 500V test, so will retro fit them.

Anyone know how there things work, as they don't require an earth, and have a constant blue indicator light showing?

I would prefer to use 1.5mm  T&E but 1.0mm will be a lot easier with multiple cables in the switch drops.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated ...Thanke...Pete

Hi Dave,

thanks, yes, that was the plan, to loop from one to the next, but with no accessible line in line out and switch drop connections on a ceiling rose, didn't really fancy a junction box in the ceiling, unless it could perhaps be got at by removing the first light, though would prefer to secure any junction boxes, thought it better practice to run the wiring to the switch drop?

Thanks Dave, that sounds like a much better solution than running extra wires down the with drops, I know the wago boxes grip the T&E so they won't pull out, is it ok to have them just free in the ceiling, not screwed to the joist, ( I won't be doing the inspection as it's through Building Control, and want to get it right at "first fix"

cheers...Pete