DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.
Blue Duck

The Russians are coming!!!

Blue Duck

Seeing this more frequently in the news..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-42691337

Mr Pootin is flexing his muscles but to what end? to upset the orange fella?

Do I need to be building a bomb shelter?

Kurt

Я думаю, что Путин хочет вернуть СССР, как это было

Sharpend

You don’t say!! Wasn’t that obvious when he hit Ukraine? 

Onoff

So we scrambled BOTH of our Typhoon fighters then?

Let's hope VVP doesn't send a couple of bombers over Cornwall at the same time as Scotland!

Andy™

both? thought we only had 1 and a little toy drone

Sharpend

You have to understand austerity hit the defence budget. 

Either that or it was bloody excellent foresight of mr Osborne to see that Trump v Kim was going to come to pass. 

Kurt

Он хочет снова сделать Россию великой. Звучит это знакомо?

Blue Duck

мины, большие, чем ваши.

The orange fella is still stuck in Afganistan as the Taliban take back all the land we spent years and many many lives reclaiming.

We got sweet FA after successive budget cuts and turning our back on the EU.

So expect some little green men in your neighbourhood soon.

Kurt

lol

binky
1 hour ago, Onoff said:

Let's hope VVP doesn't send a couple of bombers over Cornwall at the same time as Scotland!

I saw the 'Bear' (good old fashioned long range surveillance plane) flying over Cornwall a few years ago. Officially it was reported they were out to sea ........

Time to re-arm if you ask me.

Evans Electric

I remember that incident Binky ...it was reported as  " Not in our air space"    ... but I remember you saw it at the time . 

The Russians have been doing this nonsense for years  .   

binky

It's like the cold war all over again :shakehead

Sharpend

This is only the beginning of the end, there is far more to come. 

Blue Duck

Well the Swedish seem to be preparing for the worst:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/01/17/sweden-tells-public-prepare-war-fears-russia-rise/

I am aware that Scandinavian countries have been doing this since before the cold war but they appear to be upping their game this time round. 

:wacko:

rapparee

Evans Electric

Strangely there are a lot of war scare  stories  suddenly showing up on Youtube   .

I know there is a lot of lettuce on there  but it depends on your background , age and experiences .

I was  wearing the  Ban the Bomb badge  at 12 yrs old .    This meant ALL of 'em , not just ours by the way .  

I and my contemporaries  grew up under the threat of total  destruction  ,  The Russian  refusal to leave Europe after WW2  ,  the control of Eastern Germany , The Berlin Wall  and the scarey period as Russian ships  headed for Cuba   , loaded with missiles which would easily reach the US  .... the revelation that our wartime  ally , Stalin , happily murdered  thousands of his own people .      

Always bloody sabre rattling , trying scare everyone ....it seemed to get  better with Gorbachev then nosedived.   

Edited by Evans Electric

Jono Pashley
40 minutes ago, Evans Electric said:

Strangely there are a lot of war scare  stories  suddenly showing up on Youtube   .

I know there is a lot of lettuce on there  but it depends on your background , age and experiences .

I was  wearing the  Ban the Bomb badge  at 12 yrs old .    This meant ALL of 'em , not just ours by the way .  

I and my contemporaries  grew up under the threat of total  destruction  ,  The Russian  refusal to leave Europe after WW2  ,  the control of Eastern Germany , The Berlin Wall  and the scarey period as Russian ships  headed for Cuba   , loaded with missiles which would easily reach the US  .... the revelation that our wartime  ally , Stalin , happily murdered  thousands of his own people .      

Always bloody sabre rattling , trying scare everyone ....it seemed to get  better with Gorbachev then nosedived.   

Thousands? Try millions

Evans Electric
1 minute ago, Jono Pashley said:

Thousands? Try millions

Yes  ..as I typed that I thought it was a lot more   and then thought  ..millions , surely not  , but I'm sure you are correct .

Nearly all these despotic rulers that you can't get rid of  want to rule the world and they start off by killing their own people ,   get the army on your side ...then kill all the intelligentsia  ... take control of the news media ...then pick off anyone who dares to speak against you ...and start brainwashing  the children  .

The church did it here , even Henry V111  was  wary of Cardinal Wolsey's power  .     And all that  speaking in Latin  kept the power with the establishment and the working man in his place .      

It still exists today in other religions , brainwashed into  wearing what we tell you , eat what we tell you ,  think how we tell you ,  all about control ..control  and more control.  

Ah  excuse me while I climb down from my hobby horse .       

Sounds like one of those unbelievable films  but I'm afraid its real life .  

misssweden
On 15/01/2018 at 21:24, Sharpend said:

Reading that I realised that I’ll never fit all the stuff I need to be a true prepper in my flat :C. Shall I just start looking for a suitable location to build a full on nuclear shelter instead...? :) 

Evans Electric

HEY !!! Miss Sweedy   Good to hear from you ...  you must be  head of Western Power by now ???  

misssweden

Hello you :) long time no see and all that. I’m still spending my days in holes, have you been officially crowned as Surpreme Ruler of the Forum yet? :P

Evans Electric

Since this thread started  they have  started hitting us on the streets with nerve gas  .  

Theres more that than is being reported  too  .  

Pootin  Eh ! Ex KGB guy  ..no politician .