The Russians are coming!!!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Я думаю, что Путин хочет вернуть СССР, как это было

So we scrambled BOTH of our Typhoon fighters then?

Let's hope VVP doesn't send a couple of bombers over Cornwall at the same time as Scotland!

You have to understand austerity hit the defence budget. 

Either that or it was bloody excellent foresight of mr Osborne to see that Trump v Kim was going to come to pass. 

Он хочет снова сделать Россию великой. Звучит это знакомо?

мины, большие, чем ваши.

The orange fella is still stuck in Afganistan as the Taliban take back all the land we spent years and many many lives reclaiming.

We got sweet FA after successive budget cuts and turning our back on the EU.

So expect some little green men in your neighbourhood soon.

Let's hope VVP doesn't send a couple of bombers over Cornwall at the same time as Scotland!

I saw the 'Bear' (good old fashioned long range surveillance plane) flying over Cornwall a few years ago. Officially it was reported they were out to sea ........

Time to re-arm if you ask me.

I remember that incident Binky ...it was reported as  " Not in our air space"    ... but I remember you saw it at the time . 

The Russians have been doing this nonsense for years  .   

Strangely there are a lot of war scare  stories  suddenly showing up on Youtube   .

I know there is a lot of lettuce on there  but it depends on your background , age and experiences .

I was  wearing the  Ban the Bomb badge  at 12 yrs old .    This meant ALL of 'em , not just ours by the way .  

I and my contemporaries  grew up under the threat of total  destruction  ,  The Russian  refusal to leave Europe after WW2  ,  the control of Eastern Germany , The Berlin Wall  and the scarey period as Russian ships  headed for Cuba   , loaded with missiles which would easily reach the US  .... the revelation that our wartime  ally , Stalin , happily murdered  thousands of his own people .      

Always bloody sabre rattling , trying scare everyone ....it seemed to get  better with Gorbachev then nosedived.   

Last edited by a moderator:
Strangely there are a lot of war scare  stories  suddenly showing up on Youtube   .

I know there is a lot of lettuce on there  but it depends on your background , age and experiences .

I was  wearing the  Ban the Bomb badge  at 12 yrs old .    This meant ALL of 'em , not just ours by the way .  

I and my contemporaries  grew up under the threat of total  destruction  ,  The Russian  refusal to leave Europe after WW2  ,  the control of Eastern Germany , The Berlin Wall  and the scarey period as Russian ships  headed for Cuba   , loaded with missiles which would easily reach the US  .... the revelation that our wartime  ally , Stalin , happily murdered  thousands of his own people .      

Always bloody sabre rattling , trying scare everyone ....it seemed to get  better with Gorbachev then nosedived.   

Thousands? Try millions

Thousands? Try millions
Yes  ..as I typed that I thought it was a lot more   and then thought  ..millions , surely not  , but I'm sure you are correct .

Nearly all these despotic rulers that you can't get rid of  want to rule the world and they start off by killing their own people ,   get the army on your side ...then kill all the intelligentsia  ... take control of the news media ...then pick off anyone who dares to speak against you ...and start brainwashing  the children  .

The church did it here , even Henry V111  was  wary of Cardinal Wolsey's power  .     And all that  speaking in Latin  kept the power with the establishment and the working man in his place .      

It still exists today in other religions , brainwashed into  wearing what we tell you , eat what we tell you ,  think how we tell you ,  all about control ..control  and more control.  

Ah  excuse me while I climb down from my hobby horse .       

Sounds like one of those unbelievable films  but I'm afraid its real life .