Meccano magazine

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely  wonderful  !!!!     I bet theres nothing equal to them these days .     I remember the  Bayco  building ones , , must have been blown away by Lego ,         and adverts for bicycles  ..all made in Brum   ...not anymore .

Kerch will be in his element when he sees these.  . 

Absolutely  wonderful  !!!!     I bet theres nothing equal to them these days .     I remember the  Bayco  building ones , , must have been blown away by Lego ,         and adverts for bicycles  ..all made in Brum   ...not anymore .

Kerch will be in his element when he sees these.  . 

@Evans Electric Deke! Bayco....was that the stuff where you had lots of thin little metal rods that you inserted into a baseboard so they stood upright, and then slid small 'tiles' between them to make model buildings?

I vaguely remember seeing some at an uncles house as a small child, never seen the likes of it since. No-one else seems to remember it, except one guy I got talking to at a toy fair years ago, but I think he was on drugs

I may be mis- remembering   but I  I thought Bayco was plastic blocks  much like Lego , not sure now . 

I remember the one with the metal rods  & tiles  , bit like miniature stud walls , I think that was the Meccano  one   ,also excellent .      Going to have good look through them later .  

I don't know . 

Yes I do  , just Googled it  .     Bayko  Building toys.    Forerunner to Carillion .    Made from Bakelite .  I'm sure I remember a Bakelite factory in Brum 

Last edited by a moderator:
Talking about D-Day  ... :wacko:       There was a toy factory in Brum  called Chad Valley  who were called upon  to create a huge scale model of the Normandy  coast landing  areas  for the MOD   .  Those who worked on it  were locked up until the landings had taken place .  

Bayko was definitely the one where thin steel wire uprights were set into a baseplate then the "bricks" slid in between them. I remember, even as a kid, thinking "It wouldn't half hurt to fall on those". I'm sure it wouldn't be considered a suitable toy these days.

Anybody remember this one?........

https://www.brickplayer.co.uk/Photos

it even had real BLUE Blueprints!

i am sure some of these must be kicking around at my mothers particularly the Bayko 
No never saw this one ...looks good though . 

It wouldn't half hurt to fall on those". I'm sure it wouldn't be considered a suitable toy these days.

They'd never get it off the ground ....all those metal rods !!!   Ohh @elf 'n Safety  

I always wanted a Lego  and a train set but never got one .  

I found this poor quality picture of my bedroom desk  when aged around 11  . 

That big car is definitely a Vauxhall Velox ,    I think the smaller model car was a Cadilac .   Don't know what the US  jet fighter was  .  

Obviously a Lancaster bomber  at the front . 

I remember the postcard  being  from a mate in  Rhyl  and the white card to the right was a code  device,    it had a movable disc  in the middle  which  would transpose  letters for  numbers    Your mate had to have the same device and kow the code for the day .   

I tried zooming in to see what the books were but it pixalates .  

I'd take a guess at  Just William , Famous Five ,  The Rilloby Fair Mystery , which was the Secret Seven I think ,  one of the paperbacks may be Bram Stoker's Dracula.  

I really wish I'd taken more pics now. 

Scan0003 (3).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts