Opinions please.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dudells

Reaction score
Morning folks, so Im fitting a new LED emergency bulkhead. 3 cell battery self contained jobbo but when I turn the unit off at the switch I've mounted just below it instantly goes in to emergency mode. 

I've switched the supplies (in case I had some how mixed up the switched and unswitched) and its made no difference. Just to double check it I even unpacked and wired in a second unit to be sure and it's doing the exact same.

Or polarity of whole installation?

Perhaps the batteries are dead and need charging up. It should say in the MIs though.

been on a job before where those higher up and know everything about designing electrical systems insisted on all light switches being DP. despite our objections, they were right and didnt listen, so we wired with DP switches... have you done the same?

Exactly what @steptoe said...it's wired wrong

is the switch on the neutral by any chance  :C
Sorry reply chaps had a busy one. It's wired in correctly but I only had one feed going in to the room and it's literally a concrete box so I took 2 cables off the 1 feed and put one through the switch and 1 beneath it going straight through to act as an unswitched live. 

is there a link that needs removing? If battery charge LED goes out when switched off, you haven't got a permanent supply.
I thought this as well but the supply stays powered I had the tester on it to make sure but the LED still goes off and the fitting goes in to emergency.

I’ve so missed this direct but polite approach, Andy had a go in your absence, less said the better!!!!! ;)  
What's up?

its not,

it doesnt work correctly,

so therefore its wired wrong,

you either dont have a permanent Live, or its in the wrong terminal, have you mixed up your permanent live and sw live at the fitting.?
Not mixed switched and unswitched. As I said further up I had to make a work around for the unswitched