Job I've started today

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wireless electricity is here at last! 

Only joking... But why the Black museum? 

:)
Because it highlights my complain with flying lead rcbo's.  Imagine if some time after the job is complete and the board fully poulated, the right hand rcbo fails.  I defy anyone to change it without the whole lot becoming a birds nest.

Wireless electricity is here at last! 

Only joking... But why the Black museum? 

:)
Because that's only the forum I could find to post pictures and the other cabling is needing to be rerouted under the floorboards tommorrow and Tuesday all 19 ccts worth of alterations 

why do you have 1 RCBO different to the rest?
Because it's just what ever sent and yes I have asked them myself the same question just waiting for reply from them 

Hi Sharpend, you mean something like this? Without flying leads, it gives you room to make a really neat job.

With regard to the ECD RCBOs, they used to do only the range like the one at the end. I sold it, as did MK, Chint, TDline, Contactum, LiVE and a few others. It is a generic JVL-63 Series, with a frame size up to 63A. ECD have changed to their new style, which maybe has a frame size of 32A, which is the max. size of the new style. They have continued to use the old style for the 40A and 50A and maybe the 63A, hence the difference in appearance. If it is not one of those sizes, they probably ran out of stock of the new style and substituted the old style one.

SBS Dave

job_by_P.R..jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
They look lovely Dave. I noticed the earth bar numbers are left to right in the first pic and right to left in the second. is there a choice of stickers to use?

Hi Rob,

I'm glad you noticed it, because I hadn't!!!

The first photo has the redesigned box and the second is the older version.

I think that probably explains it, but I will check my stock tomorrow.

I asked because I think you give a choice of main switch to right or left. It would be nice to have numbers accordingly. Thanks

Hi Rob, I checked my stock and the numbers and the labels are as per the first photo, as I suspected.

I do offer L/H Main Switch, but the neutral terminal bar still stays at top right. The earth terminal bar can't move, because it provides earth to the box via a bolt. You don't need the neutral bar with all Compacts, but if you have L/H Main Switch and an MCB next to it, the supplied blue link from Main Switch to the terminal bar won't reach. I am trying to source a long 16mm flexible link for this purpose, although there are other possible solutions.