HELP REQUIRED PLEASE

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD1976

Reaction score
HI All, 
Could do with some help I am replacing an electric ceramic hob with a 7.2kW induction hob. 

The existing circuit is wired using 10mm2 and protected by a 32A BS3871 Type 2 circuit breaker. 

The existing circuit will then supply a combination of a 5.7kW double oven and the new 7.2kW hob. 

Firstly could I run this on the one circuit or would it be better to run on two separate circuits? 

Secondly what would be the best cable to connect from the 45A cooker switch or switches to the appliances. I was thinking of using 2.5mm H07RN-F and 4mm H07RN-F

It would be better to run on two separate circuits. Would you expect to run both ovens at the same time or would it be a case of either or.

Also the 2.5mm is a bit light, I'd prefer both to be 4mm.

HI All, 
Could do with some help I am replacing an electric ceramic hob with a 7.2kW induction hob. 

The existing circuit is wired using 10mm2 and protected by a 32A BS3871 Type 2 circuit breaker. 

The existing circuit will then supply a combination of a 5.7kW double oven and the new 7.2kW hob. 

Firstly could I run this on the one circuit or would it be better to run on two separate circuits? 

Secondly what would be the best cable to connect from the 45A cooker switch or switches to the appliances. I was thinking of using 2.5mm H07RN-F and 4mm H07RN-F
You seem to be doing a lot of work and asking all types of questions, I am concerned you are out of your depth and could end up installing a dodgy installation, all of the questions I have seen you ask so far are basic knowlege ones for skilled men, not trying to sound rude but what experience have you got?

You seem to be doing a lot of work and asking all types of questions, I am concerned you are out of your depth and could end up installing a dodgy installation, all of the questions I have seen you ask so far are basic knowlege ones for skilled men, not trying to sound rude but what experience have you got?

I think this would be better off moved to the DIY section if possible
I presume that you have heard of diversity factor

I presume that you have heard of diversity factor
Yes, yes I have

it is the teenage following that the Popular Street Dance Troupe have acquired whilst doing summer seasons at Butlins , I believe

not too sure of this relevance in quoting me on "move to DIY section" is though  :coat

Latest posts