Gun totin' teachers .......

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the wake of yet another affected youth opening fire on fellow students  in Florida   I heard the  President's  platitudes with no mention of gun control  and then heard a comment from elsewhere  that maybe they should arm the teachers.   :C

They have arrived at a very difficult place   in the US  .   Many of their Hollywood films depict gun culture  from the so called Wild West  where everyone in town  is openly armed  with a sixshooter  to the films with some muscle bulging ..T shirt wearing moron who roams about with a huge automatic weapon  and a never ending supply of ammo ....blowing people away without any conscience .  

I once switched into a film to see Arnold Swarzenegger   walk into a US police station with the proverbial big gun and T-shirt  and promptly mowed down  50 police men  ( I counted)  .

I have no idea why and at the count of 50 I moved on through the channels   thinking  that each one of them in real life would have a family  & friends , wife & children   .   

However, in the wake of a previous multi-murder , a cinema,  I could understand the comment of a decent family bloke who said  if or when the bad guys come after my family I will be armed and ready .

What a difficult situation .     

Better gun control is the only way that this will make this happen less frequently, it wont stop it though!

Amercans are odd - too much processed foods I thinks.

Sadly there is too much invested in the weapon & security industries for the government to put tighter controls on the sale of guns.

I don't know this time round but the last time the Orange man did not seem remorseful enough...

Thing is, all these "right to bear arms" laws, stem from a time where they had single shot muskets. Not now, when the availability and low cost of a semi automatic high velocity rifle is affordable by a 19 year old. 

I mean come on, as a gun shop, you've got to ask the question, what the hell was he planning on doing with it.

So the imponderable  question for me:

The USA likes to tout the right to gun ownership for "self defence"

So Why is it, when one of these maniacs starts a shooting spree, why is there never ever a normal citizen with his "right to defend" weapon handy, to take down the maniac before he does so much harm?

They quote the right to self defence, but I never see that happening in cases like this.

So the imponderable  question for me:

The USA likes to tout the right to gun ownership for "self defence"

So Why is it, when one of these maniacs starts a shooting spree, why is there never ever a normal citizen with his "right to defend" weapon handy, to take down the maniac before he does so much harm?

They quote the right to self defence, but I never see that happening in cases like this.

There was one guy recently that opened fire on a maniac in Texas but only after he'd killed 26 people.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/3kv7kn/the-texas-shooting-is-inspiring-more-wannabe-good-guys-with-guns

More people with guns equals more death surely? 

:(

Our friend in the USA carries a gun in the car at all times and locks doors whilst driving as it is common to get hijacked whilst waiting at lights. 
Locking car doors is fairly common in Birmingham  TBH ,  depending on what area you are entering .    

If I 'm driving with Mrs Deke  and   heading towards city centre  , I suddenly hear the  central locking  go on  from the passenger door.      Heading the  opposite direction , Aldridge , Sutton Coldfield , Lichfield   it doesn't happen . 

There was a dodge  round here  where a black guy   ( Sorry but its true)  would start walking slowly across the road , making you slow down and vulnerable to hijack or attack .  

A group of youths did it when Mrs Deke was driving alone ,  she accelerated and whacked one on the arse with the wing mirror as he ran for safety . 

The other one , which I came upon once ,  was to suddenly come upon an "injured"  youth  lying  in the road , a couple of mates "Tending " him   and waving for help .     Contrary to what the Bible tells us to do ...I passed on the other side ..at full speed .  

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats a god point  , I hadn't thought of that .   Can they carry a weapon on their person ...like a gunfighter... or does it have to be in a car or  in the home . 

My brother was stopped for speeding  in Arizona  and remembered staring fixedly at the cop's hand resting on the gun while he gave a rollocking .  

By all accounts it is ridiculously easy to,obtain a gun legally in the USA...by the same token it must be easy to get an illegal one. Try getting one legally in the UK 🤔

I do wonder if a lot of it is connected with the proliferation of 'shoot em up' video games?.....press a button and your enemy dies, simples. No connection with real life.

the three cretins that live next to me (34,32,30) never see daylight, never go out, just spend their days on computer games. Waste of space...they need to find the tree that is supplying their oxygen an apologise to it

1. Yanks  can openly carry a gun or apply for a .'concealed carry' licence...I think

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no doubt that you’re right Kerch with the link to computer games, we only had the old westerns or war films and who remembers playing cowboys or army in the playground? 

I Don't buy the line that suggests it's video games, violent movies, heavy metal or Whatever is to blame for these attacks.

We don't see this here nor in the rest of the civilised world.

Switzerland has a really high rate of gun related deaths due to the fact that everyone owns one and is trained just in case some wants to take all their gold.

we only had the old westerns or war films and who remembers playing cowboys or army in the playground? 
Yes we constantly played Cowboys & Indians  and Army  with all the new war films following on from WW2  and all our parents having been involved in it .    But there is a vast difference between  Children's Saturday Morning pictures in prehistoric times   and the realistic video games  that kids lock themselves away with for hours on end  today.

The films DID affect  us kids because  if  the last one was a cowboy ...we would gallop from the cinema and probably gallop all the way home , firing imaginary guns at each other .     (  Stepps still does it !!  :innocent )  

If memory serves ,  those Hollywood cowboys only killed Indians .... normal baddies  ( in black hats)  were wounded , or had their guns shot from their hands and  arrested by the Sheriff .   

Roy Rogers  (and his wonder horse Trigger)  could shoot your gunbelt off your hips you know!!!  

Along with Hopalong  Cassidy , The Lone Ranger and many more  always worked within the law , never drank  beer , didn't smoke or swear , never ate , never slept , never associated with women  and loved their horses .     

I have a general feeling that many youngsters are only comfortable reacting with their own age range  and have NO people skills  whatsoever. 

The endless crying about games is really starting to get pathetic. How many times does it need to be debunked before people stop trotting the bull dung out

Latest posts