How to convert 3 AA battery pack to AC plug

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waymont123

Reaction score
Hi, 

I have a set of LED fairy lights which are powered by a battery back consisting of 3 AA batteries - could somebody give me a step by step tutorial of how to get these lights powered by a plug? I have no electrical knowledge whatsoever and nobody seems to sell the same lights but powered by the plug.

Thanks in advance

You will probably also want to get a suitable socket to wire onto the lights in place of the battery pack so that you can connect the above power supply.

Observe the correct polarity, the centre contact of the power supply is the positive (red) connection.

You will probably also want to get a suitable socket to wire onto the lights in place of the battery pack so that you can connect the above power supply.

Observe the correct polarity, the centre contact of the power supply is the positive (red) connection.
Actually a lot of the multi voltage / multi plug adapters INCLUDING THE ONE LINKED ABOVE have reversible polarity switches or AS ABOVE polarity reversible plugs so it's not always true that centre will always be positive ( I'd say 90% of original adapters now have centre positive though)   Best take the lights along to maplin or wherever and see if they can get them going.  They might blow them up too but at least then you won't have to pay for the adapter !!

If this all sounds a bit complicated maybe a set of rechargeable AA batteries would work

Latest posts