Zone 5 issue - where's zone 5??!!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benjibon

Reaction score
Hi guys, I've got a Veritas R8 alarm system which is confusing me. Whenever we set the alarm we have to omit zone 5, my problem is I can't find zone 5! We've only got front/back door magnets and front room/landing sensors, that's all I can see so where could zone 5 be? 

The only other thing it could be is I've noticed a "magnet" box screwed into the floor in the upstairs airing cupboard (see the picture attached) 

maybe there was a zone 5 but its now been disconencted. or the link has fell out of the panel

Which panel might that be? I can't seem to upload the picture, why would there be a magnet box on the floor in the airing cupboard?

The best thing to do would be to open the control panel (The alarm should go off internally) then look for zone 5 terminals and follow the cable connected to that zone.

It is up to who ever installed it, what each zone is, there is no way any one could tell you what zone 5 is.

So it turns out there is a zone 5, labelled "PA" ! Now to find out what it means!

Optimized-IMG_20180220_153322648.jpg

Aha, the only thing I can find is what looks like to be a broken "thing" on the skirting board

Optimized-IMG_20180220_154538139.jpg

Do I just unscrew the cables from the terminal? I'm not trying to avoid getting a professional out by the way, if I can do it then I will myself 👍

Ignore that, I'm assuming my engineers code is the code I use to actually arm the system?

I found this online;

To fix your problem you need to add zones 5 to the Zone Disable Suite, ie. permanently omit them. To do this:

1. Ensure the system is unset.

2. Enter the engineer code then press PROG to enter programming mode. If you have performed a factory reset then this code will be 1234. All the LEDs will light, except Tamper.

3. Press 48 to enter programming for the Zone Disable Suite. The zones that are in this suite will illuminate. In your case there won't currently be any zones in it.

4. Press 5 to add the zones. Their LEDs will come on.

5. Press PROG to save your changes. The system will chime.

6. Press RESET to exit programming mode and return to the normal unset mode.

That will permanently disable zone 5  and solve your problem.

Latest posts