Veritas R8 programming part set zones

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benjibon

Reaction score
Hi guys, another query for my Veritas R8, I want to be able to programme the "part" setting so that the downstairs zones can be set when my wife's at home upstairs in bed etc, is this possible?

When I press "part" now I get what you see in the picture,

Thanks Ben

Optimized-IMG_20180221_122220633.jpg

As you have the panel (and I don't) what does the manual say? and if you haven't got one, why not download one?

Google says to do this; 

"A Part Set Suite defines the zones that will be automatically included and excluded (omitted) when the system is part set. From the Programming Menu, press 5 ( followed by the suite number 1, 2, 3, or 4 (e.g. to program Part Set Suite 2, enter 5,2. The zones currently active in the selected part set will indicate (the omitted zones will remain

off).

Press the appropriate numbered button(s) of the zone(s) to be included or excluded (omitted). Press 
PROG. The system will chime to confirm that the new Part Set Suite has been accepted. The system will then
automatically revert to the Programming Menu"

However I'm confused about the "suite number", I'm assuming FULL is suite 1 and PART suite 2?

Ok so I've got this far to try and add only zones 1/2/3 (which are front/back door and main lounge zones) to my part set suite 1 However if I press PART then I see this image (see attached) which doesn't match what I have programmed.

The process I'm using is as per the manual;

Unset/1234/prog/5/51/then I select the zones I want included by highlighting their led's/prog/reset

Optimized-IMG_20180221_165507911 (1).jpg

Ah so I don't need to press 5 after PROG just 51?

Sorry I didn't read your reply properly thanks for your help!

No noise, so now I've done the process it chimes from the keypad whenever a zone is activated!

Hi, im having trouble with my veritas v8 panel since the electricity was turned off at the fuse board.. ive been able to OMIT the certain zones back in but cant seem to make zone 3 the peimary zone so that once you set the sensory off the alarm goes off rather than 1 and 2 just beeping so you have chance to silence the panel.

Reprogrammed? I was shown by the electrician how to do it when i first moved in but completely forgot 🙈 i jist thought someone in the post may be able to lead me in the right direction..

Sorry to bump an old thread but I wondered if anyone can help with the same problem.

I have moved into a new house and I think I have a veritas R8 alarm.

I am trying to exclude the kitchen from a part set suite so the dog doesn't set the alarm off in the middle of the night.

I have read the manuals and the posts on this thread but I am not having much luck.

these are the steps that I think I should be following:

<4 digit code>

<00>

ALL LIGHTS ON

<51>

<programme suite 1>

however... when I press 1 to select suite 2 I just get a short dull tone (like an access denied sound) and all the red lights remain on. I managed to change the code ok before doing this.

Is it because I should be using some master/engineer code to programme the suites?