Radial circuit

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neos

Reaction score
I have installed a radial circuit of approximately 12mtr in 2.5mm t&e with two single sockets, one at 6mtrs and one at 12mtrs, each having a maximum load of 750watt via a infrared heating on 16amp cartridge fuse.

Is this ok?

thanks in adavance for any responses

Hi Murdoch,

It’s inside.

thanks for responding.

It works out that it’s running circa 49% of it’s maximum capacity, is that right since there is a lot of conflicting opinions regarding radial circuits?

No just altering an existing radial by shortening the run by 5 mtrs, it is now circa 12mtrs total length. The original circuit was about 17 mtrs and was feeding to 2 x 1500 watt wall mounted fan heaters via a 16amp cartridge fuse which is intended to be used.

My first question before anything else would be "have you tested the circuit after alteration to see if the readings are okay"? if not how would we know if tit is safe or not? What earthing system is in the house? what state is the distribution board in? I can add a couple more questions if you like.