HELP REQUIRED WIRING CONTACTOR PLEASE

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyingvkid

Reaction score
HI EVERYONE - HAVING TO WIRE THIS IN MYSELF AS IM SKINT AND WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE SOME HELP.

OK, I HAVE AN A/C UNIT WHICH I AM USING TO POWER A SUMP PUMP WHICH HOPEFULLY IN TURN WILL PUMP WATER BACK INTO THE A/C UNIT. (I KNOW WHERE TO TAKE THE LIVE AND NEUTRAL FROM THE A/C UNIT.)

I NEED TO TAKE WIRE (L&N - ANYONE KNOW WHAT SIZE/mm I SHOULD USE?) FROM THE L&N FROM THE A/C UNIT WHICH I AM OK WITH BUT WHAT I NEED HELP WITH IS WHICH PORTS THE WIRES GO INTO FROM THE A/C UNIT (CARRYING THE POWER) AND WHICH PORTS THE L&N GO OUT FROM THE CONTACTOR TO THE PUMP. I HAVE ATTACHED SOME FOTOS.

here's the contactor i have https://www.bpx.co.uk/store/product/lc1d09b7.aspx?gclid=Cj0KCQiAzrTUBRCnARIsAL0mqcyTprE6WJZEgh69AOmm_iia3UgyKlhE_HOfQa5CCOQE2a9LqZLvlSMaAt4GEALw_wcB

THANKS VERY MUCH. DANNY

<<<<<CAPS LOCK BUTTON IS OVER THERE ON THE KEYBOARD <<<<<<

i have no idea what you are trying to do, but since we dont know what A/C it is, then i have no idea where to connect it to either

HI EVERYONE - HAVING TO WIRE THIS IN MYSELF AS IM SKINT AND WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE SOME HELP.

OK, I HAVE AN A/C UNIT WHICH I AM USING TO POWER A SUMP PUMP WHICH HOPEFULLY IN TURN WILL PUMP WATER BACK INTO THE A/C UNIT. (I KNOW WHERE TO TAKE THE LIVE AND NEUTRAL FROM THE A/C UNIT.)

I NEED TO TAKE WIRE (L&N - ANYONE KNOW WHAT SIZE/mm I SHOULD USE?) FROM THE L&N FROM THE A/C UNIT WHICH I AM OK WITH BUT WHAT I NEED HELP WITH IS WHICH PORTS THE WIRES GO INTO FROM THE A/C UNIT (CARRYING THE POWER) AND WHICH PORTS THE L&N GO OUT FROM THE CONTACTOR TO THE PUMP. I HAVE ATTACHED SOME FOTOS.

here's the contactor i have https://www.bpx.co.uk/store/product/lc1d09b7.aspx?gclid=Cj0KCQiAzrTUBRCnARIsAL0mqcyTprE6WJZEgh69AOmm_iia3UgyKlhE_HOfQa5CCOQE2a9LqZLvlSMaAt4GEALw_wcB

THANKS VERY MUCH. DANNY
Heres a clearer set of pictures / spec thx https://kentstore.com/lc1d09/

<<<<<CAPS LOCK BUTTON IS OVER THERE ON THE KEYBOARD <<<<<<

i have no idea what you are trying to do, but since we dont know what A/C it is, then i have no idea where to connect it to either
Haha...sorry my eyesight isn't good so i capitalise.

I've had the AC company specify I take a live feed from Port 7 on the A/C unit (Opticlimate 10000) along with a neutral to the contactor in question which in turn is connected to the pump....i just need to know where the two wires (L&N) coming from the AC fit into the contactor L1 L2 L3??...and then where do i wire in the pump T1 T2 T3??

Thx mate

sorry mate im not a sparky....so.....do you mean A1 and A2 would be where i wired the L ??  I mean the live from the AC into A1 and the Live to the pump in A2...

so many questions

what type of pump

what are you pumping

voltage of pump

current of pump

control voltage

and What are you trying to do? 

sorry mate im not a sparky....so.....do you mean A1 and A2 would be where i wired the L ??  I mean the live from the AC into A1 and the Live to the pump in A2...

From your second link there is a tab that says "wiring diagrams" if you click on that you get; https://kentstore.com/wiring-diagrams/

Possibly if you do not understand these, then skint or no skint, I would suggest you employ some help.

Doc H.

Last edited by a moderator:
No   not like that .  

When you say A/C  unit   are we talking about an Air conditioning unit ?   

What is this pump for ?  

What ever you are switching  would  be  Incoming L & N  to L1  & L2   ....outgoing  L  & N to T1  & T2   ( Pump)  

You then need to apply a voltage to the coil  to make the contactor  switch in & out ...that will be  , as Andy says ,   a L & N onto   A1 & A2   .  Where that comes from  I have no idea  as we don't know what you are doing .  

Hi Evans Electric - that's a great help thank you!  :Salute  Sorry, yes it's an air conditioning unit - in brief it relies on incoming cold water for cooling. Instead of mains (as we are metered) we have been informed by AC manufacturer we can utilise recycled rainwater from a large collection tank and the AC unit has a port from which we can take power/trigger the pump but we have to also take a neutral from the Ac as well. Hence the need for the contactor. Then I need to connect the pump to the contactor  . Really appreciate your help mate thx