IP 66 Motion detector

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revor

Reaction score
I live in an area with exposure to high wind driven rain close to the coast. Have trouble with outdoor lighting failing and need to find something more suitable that will withstand the weather. I have identified "marine" LED floods but need an IP66 motion detector to drive them. Anyone any detector recommendations?

Thanks guys had been in touch with Steinel but were reluctant to commit to being suitable for my location. However the Danlers IP66 looks like a goer so have ordered one to go with 2 x 50 W LED Marine floods.

Great leads many thanks spent ages searching should have tried here first.

Thanks guys had been in touch with Steinel but were reluctant to commit to being suitable for my location. However the Danlers IP66 looks like a goer so have ordered one to go with 2 x 50 W LED Marine floods.

Great leads many thanks spent ages searching should have tried here first.

Once you have it in and working give us an update, plus then at 6months, 12months etc. later to see if it is still working.

Doc H

Pleased to report that the unit has had many storms thrown at it and still works very well.  Connected to 2 tamlite mariner LED floods which are still performing well no sign of paint peeling yet. Only snag with the Danlers is that the range is poor and I am trying to cover a larger area than the unit is designed for. Think only designed for entranceways corridors etc. Being very small it is fiddly to set up particularly if you have fat fingers. Anyone know of a sensor with a decent range would be glad to hear about it.

Latest posts