DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.
Sign in to follow this  
ProDave

Anyone replaced the drum bearings on a washing machine?

Doc Hudson
48 minutes ago, binky said:

, but don't twot it really hard in 1 spot or it will jam.

I am curious as to exactly what "Twot it really hard" involves?   @ProDave  Order the parts, You know you want to!   Then we can start a forum sweepstake: "How many days will Mrs ProDave be unable to use her washing machine" 1 day / 2 Days / 3 days / 4 days / More?.

Doc H.

Onoff
binky
7 hours ago, Doc Hudson said:

I am curious as to exactly what "Twot it really hard" involves?

It involves not using your brain :slap

Evans Electric

Washing machine  could  turn into a can of worms TBH  Dave  ,  just phone the Hotpoint man .    Only heartache awaits . 

sprocketflup

How you get on with this @ProDave?

I've always used impact sockets the same size as the relevant bearing race to drift bearings in or out meself, seems to work

ProDave

I was "told" to abandon it.

We had been using it still limiting the spin speed.  Then we went away on holiday for a couple of days to find it had flooded the kitchen (WM door was open, machine was turned off and we came back to the drum full or water and had been overflowing out of the open door)

Since then stuff keeps coming out dirty.

So today we collected a new cheap machine and I will strip the old one, flog all the parts on ebay, and take the carcass to the tip recycling centre.

Richard-the-ninth
On 5/9/2018 at 19:10, ProDave said:

Then we went away on holiday for a couple of days to find it had flooded the kitchen (WM door was open, machine was turned off and we came back to the drum full or water and had been overflowing out of the open door)

That will be because the fill valve is failing and letting in water, its been doing it for some time, but because you use the machine often you would not notice.

roys

So don't sell the fill valve on eBay Dave😀