Removing bulb from spotlight in bathroom

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angelay

Reaction score
I have a bizarre question but I can't for the life of me work out how to remove this bulb from this bathroom spotlight!  I can see any clips, tried unscrewing but so rigid!   Any clues anyone out there!  I don't know if its a bulb issues but the light just keeps flicking and on the other one of the spot has gone.

Thanks 

spotlight-min.jpg

I tried that and that didnt work but what I dont understand there is a plastic seal around the lightbulb, so even if I tried removing it , it would remove the seal . 

Well it either twists out or pulls out, looks like a 230 from here so should twist out as mentioned by Murdoch, perhaps it needs a little more effort.

Hi it transpires it’s integrated unit so you can’t change the bulb, they should last the lifetime. 

Hi it transpires it’s integrated unit so you can’t change the bulb, they should last the lifetime. 
How old is the unit? it may be under warrenty, if not a shame really, they have come down in price though.

I find that 5 % ish of LED lighting fails in a year then once changed like the other 95% it lasts for years, Hopefully the OP will get a decent long lasting light next time, that said that fitting does not look like an integral unit to me either as mentioned above, still we sometimes get it wrong.

I find that 5 % ish of LED lighting fails in a year then once changed like the other 95% it lasts for years, Hopefully the OP will get a decent long lasting light next time, that said that fitting does not look like an integral unit to me either as mentioned above, still we sometimes get it wrong.
Hi I went back to city electrical factors, they were surprised but double checked that It was integral one and it was.  So Ive changed it for another manufacture all together, I dont like this new technology where you are unable to fault find whether its the unit or the bulb!!

Bu thanks for all your help everyone.

I dont like this new technology where you are unable to fault find whether its the unit or the bulb!!

Absolutely agree with that, as whilst LED technology is without doubt very good and improving year on year, IMHO there are still a few areas of improvement that need to be made.  I have seen enough integral LED light fittings fail, to make me tend to prefer separate light fittings with removable LED lamp. It may be just gut feeling and non-scientific estimation, but I am also inclined to think that Dimmable LED's seem more prone to early failure than non-Dimmable. Be interesting to know others thoughts on this?  Also I have wondered if the quoted lifespans relate to the LED element of the lamp, but not the electronics to actually drive the LED's

Doc H.