Electric towel rail

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ronquito76

Reaction score
Hi,

i have an electric towel rail in the bathroom, that stopped working one day, did not work for about four months and then all by itself started working again at some point. Then it was all fine for a few weeks and it has now stopped working again, all by itself.

Anybody has any idea what is going on and how it could be fixed? It only has a fuse switch and no real other features. Can’t be the fuse, as I tested it in other sockets. Also, the rail worked, stopped working, restarted and stopped again, all with the same fuse.

Thanks for any advice.

Thanks a lot!

but isthe failure of this element consistent with the rail going on / off / on / off over time?

Well you only have a couple of items to test. The element (+possibly a thermostat). Or the supply(+possibly a time switch). There is very little anyone over the internet can tell you without physically opening up the connection and using an appropriate tester to verify continuity and power. I would guess a competent electrician could identify the problem in less than 15 minutes.

Doc H.