Almost got some free stuff

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy™

©Resident Geordie™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
working at the entrance to a service yard. car pulls up along side my van, bloke gets out opens his boot, picks up some boxes and starts heading to my van asking where i want them... er... if theyve been paid for ill take them but they are not for me.... turns out he should have been delivering to someone parked in the other service yard.... looked like it could have been an expensive mistake...

Had a similar thing with a Nigerian fella in a bmw 325i once. he had a boot full of rolexes that had been paid for by Selfridges but they didn't want them so he was kindly distributing them to people on the street for £50 a go!

:blink:

I have had similar on The Knutsford Triangle . This time it was John Lewis that had reneged on the deal. I explained that since they had been paid for they should actually been free and he was just profiteering. He then explained about the 'helium valve" on the watch which was quite amusing, so I let him go on for a while. Tried explaining to the WRONG person. He even had a magazine with him with the EXACT same ( nearly, ish) watch in it 😂