Non electrician newbie

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stix

Reaction score
Hi - I've just joined the forum and saying hi.

I don't have an electrical background but have recently taken on H&S responsibilities, so I'm learning about PA Testing. I'm hoping I'll pick up some tips from those that know a lot more then me.

I'm afraid I can't offer much in the way of advice for others, unless it's about HR stuff  :Blushing

Stix

Haha - that's all credit to this forum, it was the first thing I learned! 

Welcome  Non Electrician Newbie .

Now everyone on here will be saying PA Testing  so as not to be shown up !!!    

Could you just clarify the meaning of HR  stuff .....to old bufoons like me I'm thinking  ...High Resistance   ?

Large company I worked in, the extensive Personnel Department rebranded themselves as Human Resources, and used the abbreviation "HR".

Shortly afterwards one of the regular company reorganisations decimated their number.

From that point on the much reduced department was universally referred to as "Human Remains".

Could you just clarify the meaning of HR  stuff .....to old bufoons like me I'm thinking  ...High Resistance   ?

Ah, yes, I should've known it meant something in the electrical sphere!  Human Resources (or Personnel) is what I meant

Deal with wages, stuff like that. Most likely a lot more to it. 

That sort of thing, and employment law, grievances, disciplinaries, training, trade union negotiations, recruitment - depends on the company and its size, of course. Most of this stuff isn't necessary in a smaller business, or gets done by the boss.

From that point on the much reduced department was universally referred to as "Human Remains".

I've heard way worse (along with the threat of being hunted down and beaten to a pulp with a baseball bat). Thankfully I don't do it anymore  :D

, so I'm learning about PA Testing. I'm hoping I'll pick up some tips from those that know a lot more then me.

That is the first ever time i have heard it described correctly.

The other one has to be P.I.N.

Ask what it means and you will be told its PIN Number, no it isn't.