DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.
Andy™

Schedule Of Inspections Guide

Andy™

****NOTE: this is my understanding of 7671 & schedule of inspections, so others may have a different opinion on what certain inspections mean. Any other suggestions/examples will be taken into consideration and this may be edited at some time****

Here's a quick guide to what the schedule of inspections is all about, with some examples of what they refer to

Both Basic & Fault Protection

SELV

Edited by Andy

avinalarf

Brilliant Andy! Went through this with my Part P assessor, but it's good to have it in writing.

Can you/someone confirm if this form is only used when carrying out PIRs or new installations???

green-hornet

One point I would mention the box for

Presence of fire barriers, suitable seals and protection against thermal effects

Will almost always be ticked because you have used barriers or distance to avoid central heating pipes and the like, which would fall under the thermal effects criteria.

Andy™

Can you/someone confirm if this form is only used when carrying out PIRs or new installations???

pretty much. there is no need for the schedule of inspections or test results for a MWC, (apart from basic test results on the same sheet)

batty

Presence of fire barriers, suitable seals and protection against thermal effects

Will almost always be ticked because you have used barriers or distance to avoid central heating pipes and the like, which would fall under the thermal effects criteria.

No comment on thread but I like the new avater.

Batty

Robojin

Would this also refer to the cover on the old rewire FB's in domestic, 50% of the properties I see these seem to have lost along the way

Robojin

I have overlaid these comment on a .pdf for anyone who needs it

SOI_explained_Page_1.jpg

Send me a PM with email address and I'll send it to you

Apache

Does this deserve to be made 'sticky'?

Andy™
I have overlaid these comment on a .pdf for anyone who needs it

Send me a PM with email address and I'll send it to you

good idea. maybe move the right side accross a bit so added text isnt overlapping/covering the other side?

Admin

Do you want to E-mail me the pdf and I will consider putting it as a web page if you wish. :D

Patch. I meant to do that last night, but I had to do something else and so, forgot about it. I will make it a Sticky now.

Thanks AndyC and Robojin. :x

Robojin
good idea. maybe move the right side accross a bit so added text isnt overlapping/covering the other side?

Ah I thought this through, it's the same page twice with comments on other side to boxes

Nicky Tesla

Nothing to do with it. It is all about intumescent material and fire foam etc. I often put down LIM on my periodics. Flats have fire doors and 90 min ceilings etc. If there are holes in these ceilings from light fittings and such, without being properly sealed, then it will be a fail( which is very often).

green-hornet
Nothing to do with it. It is all about intumescent material and fire foam etc. I often put down LIM on my periodics. Flats have fire doors and 90 min ceilings etc. If there are holes in these ceilings from light fittings and such, without being properly sealed, then it will be a fail( which is very often).

My comment was based on a rewire or installation you have carried out, and not a periodic.

Many people fill in the EIC wrongly by placing n/a in the fire barrier thermal effects etc.

One of the major faults from domestic installers is incorrectly compiled EIC's.

However you have by your diligence maintained a distance from central heating pipes and the like to warrent a tick in this box as you have complied with the regulation.

As for fire protection I fail 90% of flats etc because they have not used intermittant strips on lighting and interconnecting walls that are not of solid construction.

SPECIAL LOCATION

Nice post Andy:)Applaud Smiley

There are a couple of bits I have spotted that need correcting....

Perhaps Admin can do an edit to the original??:|

****NOTE: this is my understanding of 7671 & schedule of inspections, so others may have a different opinion on what certain inspections mean. Any other suggestions/examples will be taken into consideration and this may be edited at some time****

Here's a quick guide to what the schedule of inspections is all about, with some examples of what they refer to

Both Basic & Fault Protection

SELV

Edited by SPECIAL LOCATION
speeeeeellling! Doh!

Admin

Thank You Specs. :D

If Robo, would like to update the PDF file and E-mail that to me, I will add that one to the webpage.

Nicky Tesla

does anyone have examples of PELV?

wookie1965

can anyone give me examples of selv pelv double insulated and reinforced insulation as my tutor has set a question on this.

Andy™
can anyone give me examples of selv pelv double insulated and reinforced insulation as my tutor has set a question on this.

SELV and DI/reinforced is answered in specs post on this thread....

sparky999

Cheers 4 tht very useful.

avinalarf

Unfortunately these sort of misunderstandings of basic definitions can be quite common among electricians.

I second that, amongst other things which is why I've found this thread so useful. Am completing a Schedule of Inspections for a CU change. My question is...

Under the Cables and Conductors section; what does one put here for

• Routing of cables in prescribed zones

• Erection methods

If the installation was done by someone else, as in this case, these can't be confirmed can they?

I can't enter LIM as that's only used for PIRs.

Robojin

As Special has mentioned, sometimes we may have differing interpretations on this document so..... happy to update with revised comments if the consensus believes they are valid

Just post your comment and those who agree do so, I'll keep an eye on the thread and post updated files to Admin as and when

Andy™

Under the Cables and Conductors section; what does one put here for

• Routing of cables in prescribed zones

• Erection methods

If the installation was done by someone else, as in this case, these can't be confirmed can they?

I can't enter LIM as that's only used for PIRs.

they only apply to what you have done. so i would assume you have done it to regs, and so you can tick the box

Andy™
As Special has mentioned, sometimes we may have differing interpretations on this document so..... happy to update with revised comments if the consensus believes they are valid

Just post your comment and those who agree do so, I'll keep an eye on the thread and post updated files to Admin as and when

i edited the post a bit last night - mostly around the DI and SELV stuff

Admin
The pdf that Robojin has put together has been added as a page on the forum, with his permission, to benefit us all. :D

Schedule of Inspections Explained (With Examples)

With Regards to the "Basic Protection" - 'Obstucles'. It says not used in domestic.

I have a CU positioned low in my front room (Parlour). I have a Cupboard built around that. That would constitute an "Obstacle"?!

:|