Best way next..

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mastbruch

Reaction score
Been thinking this for a while TBH.

I am already doing the level 2 started before Xmas and hopefully on to the level 3 end of the year if everything go well and would like to know how best to gain a bit of experience would you recommend. Cheers

while What have you done so far to gain the experience?

Asked a couple of friends but they work for big companies and one said they would of had me shadowing them if he was still working on his own. So in the meantime while studying I have set up my own work type shop at home where I have boarded up the walls with a CU and put a ring circuit, 1 and 2 way lighting and another wall practicing my conduit which I believe is coming up soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok so whilst you have asked your friends, what about asking the large companies themselves? You'd be surprised how many large companies would be willing to take an mature student who shows common sense and logic over a younger less mature person. Sometime that mature face at a client gives a better sense of security to the client and a better projected image of the electrical company.  You would obviously have to negotiate a suitable wage to both them and your needs.

So I'd advise that you personally visit some of the larger or smaller firms in your area as a starting point.

Ok so whilst you have asked your friends, what about asking the large companies themselves? You'd be surprised how many large companies would be willing to take an mature student who shows common sense and logic over a younger less mature person. Sometime that mature face at a client gives a better sense of security to the client and a better projected image of the electrical company.  You would obviously have to negotiate a suitable wage to both them and your needs.

So I'd advise that you personally visit some of the larger or smaller firms in your area as a starting point.

Thanks mate appreciate it,  yeah I was thinking about that and just saying I will work for free TBH, work experience for me is worth its wait in gold. Tomorrow I will send out a few emails and maybe pop in one or two and see what they will say.

Remember this they receive these sort of emails on a regular basis so you need a USP to stand out. 

Your better to go in person let them see what they’re getting. 

What line of work have you been doing? 

Latest posts