Water Bill Comparison

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My water bill appeared online  and I wondered what the average water bill was in Forumland  .

In Birmingham with Severn Trent Water  my bill is £402  for the year.  :eek:      Must be all the tea   :C

I am on metered water and use about 10m³ water per year and my bills are about £80 per year.  The majority of this is standing charges.

About £400 a year.... 

If that is multiplied by the population of London and say 20% don't have to pay for whatever reason that's a staggering £2,112,000,000!!!!!!!!!

Seeing as it comes from the sky I think that's a bit steep but we have shareholders to pay!

@rapparee

Do you have your own lake?

:)

Edited that for you.
It is a pity you are wrong.

Northern Ireland Water is a GoCo, (Government owned Company). 

It pays it's own way.

It charges businesses and farms for water. The profit that it makes from this is used to maintain the network and allows the company to give free water to all residential properties.

It is a pity you are wrong.

Northern Ireland Water is a GoCo, (Government owned Company). 

It pays it's own way.

It charges businesses and farms for water. The profit that it makes from this is used to maintain the network and allows the company to give free water to all residential properties.

I can confirm that,

as an aside, and without getting political, if possible,

is Eire something similar do you know @rapparee ?

I can confirm that,

as an aside, and without getting political, if possible,

is Eire something similar do you know @rapparee ?
Well that's an extremely political (non-sectarian) question as I'm sure you know.

Water charges were introduced in 2014, this led to widespread boycotts, civil disobedience and protests, some TD's were even arrested due to  their blockade of a government minister, which was perceived as an "unlawful imprisonment"

The government then decided to scrap the water charges in 2017 and agreed to refund anyone who had paid in the previous two years.

It was as contentious as your poll tax.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that's an extremely political (non-sectarian) question as I'm sure you know.

Water charges were introduced in 2014, this led to widespread boycotts, civil disobedience and protests, some TD's were even arrested due to  their blockade of a government minister, which was perceived as an "unlawful imprisonment"

The government then decided to scrap the water charges in 2017 and agreed to refund anyone who had paid in the previous two years.

It was as contentious as your poll tax.

thats what I thought, but wasnt sure,

I said political as I wasnt sure if one party had actually supported it or not,

sectarianism doesnt really come in to play south of the border  ( but, I may be corrected )

EDIT : didnt we do well in the rugby  ?   :D

Last edited by a moderator:
thats what I thought, but wasnt sure,

I said political as I wasnt sure if one party had actually supported it or not,

sectarianism doesnt really come in to play south of the border  ( but, I may be corrected )

EDIT : didnt we do well in the rugby  ?   :D
Even without Paddy Jackson too.

Are you on a metered supply?

Ours is about £650 - we are not on a meter.
Not on a meter .   We are charged for drinking water  ...Sewage  and surface water drainage.   

I am on metered water and use about 10m³ water per year and my bills are about £80 per year.  The majority of this is standing charges.
Now that HAS to be the cheapest  ever !!!  

£134 per year for water.

I am currently battling with Scottish Water who keep trying to also bill me for waste water, but we don't have mains drainage, we have our own treatment plant.

Latest posts