Radiator Pipes and electrical sockets

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

conor a

Reaction score
I recently had this work done

and i'm not sure if this set up is okay?

any guidance appreciated

Thanks

d740fcce7d42fb90a1982d4092d2476a.jpeg.4f48bb04a7d81c8332ecb93384607e18.jpeg

Rob

Aside from the plumbing looking as rough as a dogs dinner? 

I can't see an issue electrically. What makes you ask?
thanks Rob, wasn't sure if it was okay to have pipes and joins that close to sockets.

There is a time and a place for push fit plastic plumbing, and that is not it.  Worse he could not even get them level.  I would have done that in soldered copper but then I am a bit "old school"

If his jointing skills are as bad as his aesthetic skills then when it leaks the socket might get wet.

Choose a different plumber next time.

Rob

thanks Rob, wasn't sure if it was okay to have pipes and joins that close to sockets.

I don't do any house work so others will be more fluent in building regulations. 

I know there is an electrical regulation that services mustn't cause a negative influence on each other, but I don't see that being an issue in this situation. 

A good push fit connection shouldn't leak, but the photo makes it look makes it look like they are under strain so are more likely too.

Last edited by a moderator:
nothing in regs to prevent that, that I can think of. Not the best idea, but it's no different to putting sockets under sinks to plug in a built-in washing machine or other appliances to allow access to the plug without pulling out appliance.

Thanks Folks

I just wanted to make sure before i put in

the snag list for the work on this job.

I think your plumber should also pay a visit to Specsavers, that is dog rough...

Just out of interest can you get bending springs for that type of tube.  Or can it be formed by hand, just thinking how I would have done it by bending in a couple of off sets to make it more pleasing to the eye.

I think the plumber has done that deliberately, on the basis that any leaking water will run to the lowest point therefore avoiding socket ;)  

but it it is absolutely sub standard plumbing and needs to be done by a professional. 

In relation to sockets being below and the reference to sockets under sinks; all scams recommend the regs where it states “sockets are to be accessible” and suggest that sockets under sinks should be located to the front of the cupboard thus being away from direct leakage of water and accessible. 

I Look at that pic and compare it with the so called electricians of today. I doubt that was a time served experienced plumber that did that. Just like electrics - i can go to Screwfix and buy a short  length  of pipe and a bag of mixed  fitting, then magic, i am a plumber.