Fitting new ceiling light

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldie

Reaction score
Trying to fit new ceiling light in kitchen. There is no ceiling rose just 3 sets of cables. I understand how to wire them but what can I use instead of ceiling rose? Or should I fit a normal ceiling rose then what do I do with my new light fitting that has its own connector fitted with light fitting wire?

any advice would be welcome.

Without seeing the job, I reckon you will probably need something like:

Wagobox (screwfix 8423F)

Wago connectors (screwfix 48808)

Probably need a short length of cable out of Wago box and into the new light fitting.

Thank you all for your replies. My light fitting has 1 yellow with green stripe (earth), 2 lots of 1 blue and 1 brown wires together.

2 blues going in one port,and the 2 browns in another port, and Earth in another.

Trying to fit new ceiling light in kitchen. There is no ceiling rose just 3 sets of cables. I understand how to wire them but what can I use instead of ceiling rose? Or should I fit a normal ceiling rose then what do I do with my new light fitting that has its own connector fitted with light fitting wire?

It has 3 lights on the fitting, but is the only light for the switch.

Goldie said:
It has 3 lights on the fitting, but is the only light for the switch.

I have decided that the Wago box and 222 series are what will do the job. Thanks Roy.

Thank you all so much for your replies, really appreciated.

Ok so if it’s only 1 light on the switch then I need to ask how sure are you that the two blues were together? 

Can you drop the switch off and get a pic for us?

Isolate power at consumer unit /fuse board first.