You need to listen to this...

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hum .................. interesting ................. how did you find this?

I've watched the 1st one - it would seem that nothing has really changed ........................... politicians say what they think - but in the early 1970's there was clear water between the parties ...... seems that we have no such clarity these days.

Just by chance.. i was looking at something on youtube and a thing about Michael Foot came up. I just thought i would watch a few of his speeches and one of them was this..

Have a listen to this one..  Amazing speaker, and the thing that stands out the most and is the biggest difference from today, is the lack of idiots trying to shout and yell and drown out the speaker..

We are surrounded by "career" politicians now who are chasing votes and don't like to make promises.

If I had my way I would make selection to become an MP far harder:

20 years work experience including 5 years of "proper" self employment

10 years residence in the constituency they want to represent

COMPULSORY residence in constituency once elected.

and I would expel any sitting MP's who don't meet the criteria above. 

Naw !   All MPs  should  have worked for at least 20 yrs as electricians  , none of them  educated at  Eton ,   'arrow , Winchester or Ruggers  etc.     

I would say that the HOP needs to be representative of the UK as a whole and as about only 7% of kids attend private schools, then about 7% of the HOP can come from there ..................

Europe has divided Labour and Tory for as long as i can remember. The arguments Ted uses could be coming out of the mouth of Corbyn and Foots from Farage. 

Anyway we are out now, so at least half the argument goes away.

What was interesting is that the 3 institutions of Brussels have not changed in 40 odd years, now with 27 countries or so in EURO, there is no wonder with free movement , the argument got tipped over the edge. 

I remember voting in the referendum to enter the "Common Market "   " European Economic Union "  " EU"  .

I remember that Charles De Gaul  vetoed our application about  three times ,  there was no way he wanted the UK in.

I remember that seeing a foreign car on our roads was a novelty because of the tariffs  I assume , to push you into buying British . 

I remember the only reason that sticks in my mind for joining was that ...." we will have a tariff free , open borders market place far bigger than what we have now "  

I remember thinking that sounds like a good idea   I'm voting in .      Everyone in Europe will be buying our "wonderful " British cars  :facepalm: