Siemens washing machine PCB

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marnhullman

Reaction score
I need to replace the PCB on my old Siemens washing machine.  The part number is 5WK51316 14.

I can source part number 5WK51316 13 which from photos looks the same.  Does anyone know if it would be a suitable replacement?

Thanks

Thanks but my model is not listed.  I've looked on the Siemens website but the part is too expensive to spend on an old machine - I am looking for a used part.  There are a few units for sale that from photos look the same but their descriptions are subtly different so I want to be sure they'll be suitable.

I have emailed Siemens help desk but I suspect they won't be keen to advise me if they're not going to get the sale!

I've Googled 'til I've lost the will to live.  I can't find a unit with the exact same description but looking on the Siemens website it looks like the current replacement they are selling will fit several machines so I'm hoping that one of the ones I have found, in Germany, will fit.  I've studied the photos carefully and the PCB looks the same so I'll take a chance.

A lot of the boards are programmed to a specific model. When you get a new board you sometimes have to program it via switches on the new board. What is wrong with your original board?? These boards rarely fail. Also you could try a company called emw electric- they may be able to repair your board. Al

I'm not certain it is the board but having checked most things as best I can I'm assuming it's the board that has failed.

When I press the Start button the Active light usually lights up but then the machine cuts out.

I've inspected the motor brushes and the door lock mechanism and checked there is continuity across the terminals.  There are no signs of distortion on the lock casing.

Any guidance appreciated.

When you say cuts out do you mean the lights go out or does it just do nothing. Does the door lock??

It seems about to start the programme and then all the lights go out. The door lock works i.e. there is a delay before it's possible to open it.

Assuming you’ve got a good supply to the machine it does sound like the board. ☹️ It’s probably worth talking to emw electronics. They refurb washing machine boards or take a chance on a second hand one. Ps.  When you megger machine make sure you link l&n at the plug. Al

Great I'll contact emw electronics.

I'm just a DIYer so don't have a megger; I can reassemble the machine but all I have I'd a multi-meter.

Many thanks for your advice.

My 2p worth.

The "thing" with washing machines is often all is not what it would seem.

Even with basic machines they have a set sequence of events. Machine starts, pump runs for a short time, then it fills, it agitates a bit then fill then stops, agitates a bit more then stops, only this time it sits there and does nothing (other than sit there) you put it onto spin and the pump runs and it will spin.

Question, what is wrong?

It must be the programmer as it just sits there, what ever programme you try it just sits there at the same point, so programmer has an internal error, needs a new one, but cost is almost 1/2  the cost of machine what do you do?

The diagnosis is right, the fault is wrong, it is sitting there waiting for the water to get hot, but it wont as the heater has failed, new heater and problem solved. My point being that although they only wash clothes, there is a lot more to the way the "think" than you would give credit for, and often it is doing what it is supposed to, and just waiting for something to happen. Some will bypass a function if it is detrimental to the machine at that time. (usually an out of balance load that it can not re distribute) 

Just saying.

Yes Richard to a great extent you are correct- the programmer is rarely at fault. Most machines will bring up a fault code of some sort- either a code on a digital display or flashing lights. But in this case the displlay went completely dead (as I understand it) so provided the supply was ok it only leaves the board itself   Al

Not sure if you're still referring to my post but have bitten the bullet and ordered a new machine. The Siemens was well made and has lasted probably 12 years or more but the cost of a new programmer from Siemens is £259 and I couldn't find a secondhand replacement online - tried emw electronics but they couldn't help so no choice.

Again thanks for the advice and comments.