Biasi Riva compact boiler - no hot water pressure !!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benjibon

Reaction score
Hi guys, I just bled the radiators in my rented house and now the biasi Riva compact boiler has lost HW pressure, I've done some online research and can see a few answers but I would rather check with a pro before getting my landlord involved, I've attached images of the setup, what do I need to do?

rsz_img_20180404_185506467.jpg

rsz_img_20180404_185458833.jpg

open filling loop valves. usually 2 of them. fill to 1.2 bar. close valves

if its suddenly dropped to 0 then there could be a leak. if its slowly dropped then there's probably a small leak

rsz_img_20180404_192239491.jpg

open filling loop valves. usually 2 of them. fill to 1.2 bar. close valves

if its suddenly dropped to 0 then there could be a leak. if its slowly dropped then there's probably a small leak
Which ones are they Andy? The yellow and blue taps?

bleeding rads will always drop pressure, you need to top up from mains water. Sometimes you may find it fails to reset pressure sensor, a sharp tap sorts that out!

The silver flex is the filling loop. Open the valve slowly and watch the pressure gauge. Fill to a little over 1 bar no more than 1.5bar. Close valve on filling loop. 

The loop has a black twist lever on one end and you’ll need a screwdriver on the isolator valve on the other end. The slot should be horizontal along the length of the valve when open and across the valve for closed. 

Thanks sharpend, should this be done with boiler turned off at mains?

Latest posts