addressable alarm low earth fault

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steptoe

of course Im wrong, ask my wife™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a fault on an addressable alarm

low earth

WT fk is that?

its not always there, but appears every 5 or 10 minutes then instantly clears itself

Zs is 0.62

but , knowing little about it, I take it its nothing to do with Zs   ??????

yes, brand new system

all loops fine,

just this panel fault keeps popping up

the alarm is also used as the failsafe for the maglock doors, so everytime it faults, even for a millisecond, all the maglocks release and the internal firedoors close

and NO, the maglocks are not directly connected to the panel, connected via aux out and relays, that was the first thing I thought of

not a TT system is it? JUst thinking high Ra might be the issue as it does sound like a dodgy earth somehwere (not that you would think that's important to an alarm.

problem solved, well, sort off,

at least I now know what the problem is

the fault  that is reported  is very misleading

I rang the tech line today and they were able to tell me the problem       straight away

its actually an earth leakage on           one of the loops

could be a poor connection or a cable nicked and leaking to screen

I   didnt fit the system, Im only there to commission it as the cable monkeys on the site dont know much about such things, it would appear neither do I  :D

I dropped 2 of the 4 loops out this afternoon and it stayed clear for the next 3 hours, so will add one of the other loops in the morning and then the other some time after to narrow down just what loop the fault is on