Cats

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcgaw81

Reaction score
Apache as per my PM, the nutter next door to me has 7 f'ing cats who love to have union meetings in my back garden ;) , I need to deter them as best as possible so the kids can play. I have thought of a gun but is there any other way off keepin them out.

PS, She has the following animals in a 3 bed house

7 cats

2 dogs

8 rabbits

1 gerbil

1 hamster

and three kids.

Not bad, must a a stinking hole ;)

Cos there are 7 off the f****** things, and they are free to roam about the bit, unlike the dogs. Don't get me wrong one or two wouldn't bother me but come on 7, there is no need for that.

(thanks for posting here ;) )

A gun is an option, but not too popular or safe!

Have you thought of moving house?

Top tip is a water-pistol. Supersoaker type. A good blast of water will shift the pesky buggers.

You can get a kind of pepper powder to put around the garden but don't know if it works!

You could get a dog! Our little terrier keeps cats away! And tries hard with the birds...............

Cat poo carries all sorts of nasty diseases so keeping them out is good.

I'd move.............

Moving out of the question only moved in last October, its a housing association house so I have reported them as they are only allowed one pet, love thy neighbour and all that ;) ,

Think I'll get a super soaker tomorrow, any good deals in wollies :)

McGaw- my advice- get the kids a dog, it'll keep the cats away and amuse the kids. :)
Both me and my beloved work so thats out of the question, wouldn't have time to train it etc.

McGaw- my advice- get the kids a dog, it'll keep the cats away and amuse the kids. :)
Yes Mcgaw we have always had dogs and have a puppy at present. There are quite a few cats down our road but we don't seem to get bothered by them to much.

Batty

Get the most powerful one you can find/afford.

I heard a story about a gamekeeper who used to shoot the tip of the tail of cats to keep them away from his pheasants! They never came back and the owners assumes they had been clipped by a car.

Cos there are 7 off the f****** things, and they are free to roam about the bit, unlike the dogs. Don't get me wrong one or two wouldn't bother me but come on 7, there is no need for that.
I see that you have no (or make no mention of) problem with rats or mice. Is it possible that the cats manage to keep these vermin in very short supply?

We all need somewhere to call "home", and we try to earn our keep. :D :D

J

Last edited by a moderator:
I see that you have no (or make no mention of) problem with rats or mice. Is it possible that the cats manage to keep these vermin in very short supply?We all need somewhere to call "home", and we try to earn our keep. :D :D

J
Do I sense a Cat lover ;)

I see that you have no (or make no mention of) problem with rats or mice. Is it posiible that the cats manage to keep these vermin in very short supply?We all need somewhere to call "home", and we try to earn our keep. :D :D

J
me dog catches mice and would kill rats. I have poison down :D

Cat's make children blind and give you brain parasites causing you to partake in risk taking behaviour. Evil *******s.

I'm obviously outnumbered by the non-cat lovers (I won't say cat haters) so I will do like most cats in a similar situation and, whilst having a wash, studiously ignore you all.

May the local dog p**s up your lamp post! :D

J

cgan1600l.jpg