DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.

steptoe

I obviously have no idea what search terms to use

All I am finding is RF stats, 

I want a hardwired programmable room stat, I know they exist, I have one in my own house.

Anyone that knows what they are doing give me a link,?

many thanks.

rainydays

Drayton digistat +2

steptoe
11 hours ago, Sharpend said:

How easy was that,?

:shakehead

Sharpend

You’ve gotta love a Steptoe for complicating things!!

ProDave

Just check they retain their program when the battery goes flat.  I have 2 here that you can have for the cost of postage that need re programming every time you replace the batteries.

steptoe
1 hour ago, ProDave said:

Just check they retain their program when the battery goes flat.  I have 2 here that you can have for the cost of postage that need re programming every time you replace the batteries.

I need a hardwired one Dave,

There is no batteries in mine, and there won't be batteries in the one I fit either, sort of makes it pointless. 

Geoff1946

I've been very happy with my Heatmiser slimline programmable 'stat installed about five years ago. Three core +E  back to the boiler for my Worcester Bosch combi  (230v).

Easy to programme, no batteries involved and you don't need an I-phone to turn the heating on or off!.

Only disappointment was that although "slimline", that is at the expense of needing a deep wall box. 

I think they are still available.

steptoe

OK

so, I'm no further forward

I obviously need to be more specifc

I am looking for  for a mains powered, no batteries required, hardwired programmable room stat that is powered by 230v and will switch 230v

looked at your suggestion @Geoff1946 , it says its 12v ,,,,?   https://www.heatmisershop.co.uk/heatmiser-slimline-n-v2-12v-programmable-thermostat/?sku=Slimline-N V2&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxb-Fkbyw2gIVjrvtCh15RAHhEAQYAiABEgKvnvD_BwE

steptoe
6 minutes ago, Murdoch said:

I do hope you are taking the p1ss with that...?   ;)

Murdoch
1 minute ago, steptoe said:

I do hope you are taking the p1ss with that...?   ;)

Nope

Its hard wired

Runs on 230v

and programmable

isn't that what you asked for?

steptoe
2 minutes ago, Murdoch said:

Nope

Its hard wired

Runs on 230v

and programmable

isn't that what you asked for?

its not programmable

and it needs batteries,,,,,,

steptoe

but, I have scoobed you, @Murdoch , as I found this  https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/HOAS1.html

if I dont get anything better, it would work

Edited by steptoe

Murdoch
4 minutes ago, steptoe said:

its not programmable

and it needs batteries,,,,,,

oops - wrong link!              

The timeguard one I was thinking about was this one:

http://www.timeguard.com/products/climate/programastat/trt035-7-day-programmable-room-thermostat-with-frost-protection

But needs batteries....

Back to the drawing board then......

Sharpend

What’s the problem with batteries? I thought that the batteries allow settings/program to remain in the event of power cut? 

steptoe
Just now, Sharpend said:

What’s the problem with batteries? I thought that the batteries allow settings/program to remain in the event of power cut? 

ime they actually run off the batteries, or , at least the display does

Murdoch

Or this one?

http://tpone.danfoss.com/

steptoe

ProDave
5 hours ago, steptoe said:

I need a hardwired one Dave,

There is no batteries in mine, and there won't be batteries in the one I fit either, sort of makes it pointless. 

Mine was hard wired not wireless. A lot of them are designed to work as just a switch to replace a conventional stat with no neutral so are battery powered and just have a relay contact. That would be okay if the thing retained it's program when the batteries go flat. And of course it does NOT tell you that in the instructions and you only find out just over a year later when the batteries die, conveniently a few days after the guarantee has expired so you can't even return it as "faulty"

And it was not as thought I bought some unknown make, these are Horstmann programmable stat's

Edited by ProDave

steptoe
9 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Mine was hard wired not wireless. A lot of them are designed to work as just a switch to replace a conventional stat with no neutral so are battery powered and just have a relay contact. That would be okay if the thing retained it's program when the batteries go flat. And of course it does NOT tell you that in the instructions and you only find out just over a year later when the batteries die, conveniently a few days after the guarantee has expired so you can't even return it as "faulty"

And it was not as thought I bought some unknown make, these are Horstmann programmable stat's

I wouldnt class something that needed batteries as hardwired

and surely the lack of requiring a neutral should have flagged something up to you.?

Geoff1946
11 hours ago, steptoe said:

They do both, (or did a while back). Some modern boilers use 12volts but mine is definitely 230.

Sorry I can't quote the stat model number but it isn't on the front and I don't want to disturb it. Also I see that some say for "for underfloor system", and some say "remote sensor optional" so that may confuse the types even more.

I suggest phone or e-mail Heatmiser.

ProDave
10 hours ago, steptoe said:

I wouldnt class something that needed batteries as hardwired

and surely the lack of requiring a neutral should have flagged something up to you.?

I needed something that was self powered.

This was at our old house with UFH. Each room has it's own heating zone and it's own room thermostat. But we decided it was daft to heat the bedrooms all the time so thought a programmable thermostat would give individual control to each room.

The room stats DO have a neutral, BUT the stat's are only powered {via the UFH manifold controller)  when the heating programmer is on.  So a mains powered programmable stat would not be powered a lot of the time and would look silly sitting there with a blank display.

The battery powered ones looked like the solution as the display would remain active all the time, not just when the heating was on. If only they would store the program parameters in NV memory and remember them during a battery change, they would have been great.

steptoe
2 hours ago, Geoff1946 said:

They do both, (or did a while back). Some modern boilers use 12volts but mine is definitely 230.

Sorry I can't quote the stat model number but it isn't on the front and I don't want to disturb it. Also I see that some say for "for underfloor system", and some say "remote sensor optional" so that may confuse the types even more.

I suggest phone or e-mail Heatmiser.

Thanks @Geoff1946

I think I've found 2 models that fit the bill,

Sidewinder

Steps,

Have a look at Cosy kit, doesn't need the phone, but can be used with it, works in parallel with conventional stat in case it fails, and retains conventional stat as last chance.

Some good pricing from one of our local wholesalers on it, I MEAN good!

https://www.geotogether.com/