Programmable room stat

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steptoe

of course Im wrong, ask my wife™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I obviously have no idea what search terms to use

All I am finding is RF stats, 

I want a hardwired programmable room stat, I know they exist, I have one in my own house.

Anyone that knows what they are doing give me a link,?

many thanks.

Just check they retain their program when the battery goes flat.  I have 2 here that you can have for the cost of postage that need re programming every time you replace the batteries.

Just check they retain their program when the battery goes flat.  I have 2 here that you can have for the cost of postage that need re programming every time you replace the batteries.
I need a hardwired one Dave,

There is no batteries in mine, and there won't be batteries in the one I fit either, sort of makes it pointless. 

I've been very happy with my Heatmiser slimline programmable 'stat installed about five years ago. Three core +E  back to the boiler for my Worcester Bosch combi  (230v).

Easy to programme, no batteries involved and you don't need an I-phone to turn the heating on or off!.

Only disappointment was that although "slimline", that is at the expense of needing a deep wall box. 

I think they are still available.

I need a hardwired one Dave,

There is no batteries in mine, and there won't be batteries in the one I fit either, sort of makes it pointless. 
Mine was hard wired not wireless. A lot of them are designed to work as just a switch to replace a conventional stat with no neutral so are battery powered and just have a relay contact. That would be okay if the thing retained it's program when the batteries go flat. And of course it does NOT tell you that in the instructions and you only find out just over a year later when the batteries die, conveniently a few days after the guarantee has expired so you can't even return it as "faulty"

And it was not as thought I bought some unknown make, these are Horstmann programmable stat's

Last edited by a moderator: