Recommended re- test EICR date ?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Take a look at guidance note 3, off the top of my head its five years if there's evidence of routine maintenance.

Doesn't the retest date come down to the judgement of the inspector AND the condition of the installation?

If the IR readings just "scrape" over the 2 meg line I wouldn't be suggesting 5 years .................... 

Doesn't the retest date come down to the judgement of the inspector AND the condition of the installation?
I think it says that somewhere .....I wasn't sure if there was a hard & fast ruling .    My judgement was 4 years  for this  TBH  

Don't they recommend ...for Domestic ..10 years ?       And Change of tenancy for rentals ?  

If the IR readings just "scrape" over the 2 meg line I wouldn't be suggesting 5 years .................... 
All the GN3 are maximum recommended. I should have been a little clearer but in my defence I'm a bit thick...

All the GN3 are maximum recommended. I should have been a little clearer but in my defence I'm a bit thick...

They are only recommendations, and only for the INITIAL periodic inspection. As Murdoch rightly points out further periods need to be properly assessed having due consideration for the condition of the installation.

Latest posts