Megger mft1553

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G bizzle

Reaction score
Megger mft1553

Am i right in what im saying here

Ze

open main switch to db.

Remove main earth

Use red+green leads

high loop setting

Measure between cpc+line

Record results in ohms

PFC

Reconnect main cpc

Use red+green black leads

Test between cpc neutral line

Pfc setting

Record results in KA

Zs

Testing live circuits with rcd protection

Use red+green+black leads

Measure between cpc+neutral+line at end of circuit

No trip setting

Record results in ohms

Last edited by a moderator:
I would use the terminal/cable names rather than lead colours. My Metrel uses black for line , blue for neutral & green earth. My new Fluke uses brown for line.

Most, but not all meters will record/test Pfc when testing Ze.  I also test for Psc  PFC is tested Line to Earth. 

I also test for Psc  PFC is tested Line to Earth. 

Not correct.

PEFC is Prospective Earth Fault Current which is phase (or line if you want to be all 17th-Editiony) to Earth.

PSCC is Prospective Short-Circuit Current which is phase to neutral (or between phases in a polyphase installation).

PFC is Prospective Fault Current which is the greater of the PEFC and the PSCC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes i know this mate thankyou. To test this with a megger mft1553. I know its a live test with the main switch and mcb's in the open position.

Is it the pfc loop setting 

Red+ green leads that you use for the measurement.

Regards

Not correct.

PEFC is Prospective Earth Fault Current which is phase (or line if you want to be all 17th-Editiony) to Earth.

PSCC is Prospective Short-Circuit Current which is phase to neutral (or between phases in a polyphase installation).

PFC is Prospective Fault Current which is the greater of the PEFC and the PSCC.

quite right. I am getting to old with all the same things having the names changed. Bring back live, neutral & earth, nothing else   :coat