Hi Everyone - Newbie

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N3il

Reaction score
HI Everyone

Just doing some research and came across the forum.

I have just moved over to the UK from South Africa and have also opted to change career paths so busy with a home study City of Guild 2365 level 2 diploma.

Im sure I will pick up some extra knowledge here on the forum. 

Cheers 

Neil

:Welcome: Neil, what’s your background, what’s the reason to change career? 

If you hang around here long enough you’ll pick something up, can’t say it’ll all be electrical though!  Guinness

Ill try keep it short

I was lucky enough to work for a family business where I ran a production factory (Factory Manager) In this time I had the opertunity to get involved in many aspects of running a business.

I have always liked the idea of working in the trades and have some experience though I still have a lot to learn.

My ultimate goal would be to be self employed. And being a sparky tick’s all my boxes. 

Ive had a couple of interviews with various companies and quickly realised at 33 I’m too old for an aprentership and  need to get in as an adult learner helper. I also realised that systems here in the UK are somewhat different so getting some qualifications to my name and a understanding of the industry and the laws that govern that industry is a good starting point I should be done with level 2 in June and will hopefully be able to get some work then.