UPGRADE OF SUPPLY

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tamdee

Reaction score
I am upgrading a summer house to include a kitchen.I have changed the supply to a 10mm SWA.The house supply looks like a 3 phase cable head but the supplier over the phone

says its not down as a 3 phase.The summer house has a electric hob and single oven,a dishwasher and general sockets.The heating is from a gas boiler fed from house. do you think a 100amp fuse upgrade will be enough for the house and summer house.if not a bit pricey I would imagine for cable upgrade.

Help would be appreciated.

Tamantojo

how far away is  the summerhouse.?

the 10mm cable may not be big enough                                                                    

About 20 metres away.its not a dwelling.it has a toilet ,kitchen, but no bath or shower.No bedroom either.kitchen is for probably snacks(OK to have a few bob)

Thanks for replies.

If the house has gas central heating and no electric shower and the summerhouse is not to be used on a constant basis i.e. house oven and summer house oven not simultaneously in use then you have good chance of your diversity calculation coming out positively for a 100A supply, but you would need to know the expected use profile of  both locales.