Contactor

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gixer

Reaction score
Would like to no how to wire a contactor to a segment timer and plug sockets any help would like a diagram  thanks

Presumably you mean something like this?
Timer operates contactor coil which provides double pole switching to sockets.

Timer contactor two MCB2.jpg

Hi I carnt upload a picture it's to make a hydroponic contactor it's just got a contactor,timer and sockets no circuit breakers not what I can see thanks 

You would have to provide details of how you are powering this system, what actual products you have and your level of technical expertise to be able to do this work. Otherwise we are guessing, presumably if it is a kit then it should have wiring instructions included.

Contactor Timer Socket.jpg

This is what I'm trying to make its for outside Xmas lights at my parents this will be in garage with cables running outside would be grateful if you could help

Thanks 

s-l1000.jpg

It looks like it is already wired up and just needs an incoming supply and a lot of attention to electrical safety; enclosures ,barriers and cable colours spring to mind.

Contactor Timer Socket2.jpg

Its been pat tested as u can see from pic thanks for your help ardet I got that one from a shop so I no it's safe will got and get a professional to sort it for me thanks for your help :Salute

Hi I carnt upload a picture it's to make a hydroponic contactor it's just got a contactor,timer and sockets no circuit breakers not what I can see thanks 

xmas lights... in april... looks more like what you would use for growing something illegal...

Hydroponic Xmas Trees!...that's not to be sniffed at

I think the members are of the same mind.

I suppose next you'll next be asking how to get around the meter clocking up an extortionate amount.

Last edited by a moderator: