Politics ...eh !.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tend to think , when this sort of stuff goes on & on , that  its a smokescreen for something else .   

I'll never forget that comment from a government aid when,   on hearing the news of 9/11 filtering through ,  told the PM it was a good time to release some  sort of announcement they had stored up . 

It seems this Labour anti Semitic thing has been going on for years, are they really a bunch of thashists ? 

Can't stand politicians of any creed or colour, just a bunch of lying toffs with no grasp of what is going on in the real world.

Idea. Next election send them all to a dessert island and let them fend for them selves, make a reality tv show out of it & the one who emerges victorious gets a job cleaning toilets.

Smoke and mirrors my friends......

The trouble with Trump is that whilst he may not be a very diplomatic politician he does what he says on most things and that’s what the Real Americans like about him. 

We only have politicians, which are now mostly career type and are only out to please everyone bar their own people. 

We only have politicians, which are now mostly career type and are only out to please everyone bar their own people. 

I really don't think that is true of all politicians, or at least those that didn't go to Eton and Cambridge. It's not easy running a country and the current system is histoically flawed, ie old ideas from the past to prevent abuse of power from kings hampers modern progress. The systems could do with a serious overhaul, I particularly support Proportional Representation ( or some form of), I'm not sure the House of Lords is really needed (although they do play referee on the seriously bad government proposals), but overall, it's weird set of rules that have been develpoed over millenia to suppossedly balance and check the power of the state. Trouble is it must be like running thorugh treacle to get anything done at all! It's cettaily easy to critise when you don't now how it works, but the fact some committee is dragging Amber Rudd over the coals says something about the weird workings of Parliament (don't something good that is) I have to say I am biased where Rudd is concerned, a climate change sceptic put in charge of renewable industry - oh look, some arse has destroyed my solar business..... baddayexplode

One of the things that worries me is governments who kill their own people  and that happened when  American students protested against the Vietnam war .  
Britain killed Jihadi John

Russia killed the KGB agent litvinenko 

France is in Iraq kiling French citizens who joined Isis 

Every country does it.

Jihadi John  deserved all he got I'm afraid  ... he may have come from Birmingham but was he British . ? 

We are yet to turn the troops against our students ... I think .

Someone will mention the miners now .   

The trouble with Trump is that whilst he may not be a very diplomatic politician he does what he says on most things and that’s what the Real Americans like about him. 

If we lived in American it probably be every week get rid of Trump

This was great quote I see recently.

While they were calling Trump a warmonger, a homophobe, and a racist, Donald Trump ended the Korean War, appointed the first gay ambassador to Germany, and got endorsed by Kanye all the same week

Trouble with Trump his big mouth has a nasty habit of getting people killed. I have to say I am intrigued by the Korean situation, did his random behaviou push the Chinese into doing something, or were the Chinese peeed off with Korea causing trouble???

How many has he caused to be killed? 

The reality is none of the political leaders know how to read him, he keeps them guessing at his next move which makes them more inclined to move first. It’s what all good business leaders do. 

I forget the numbers, but a couple of examples:-

1/ the  protestor run over by a far right supporter 

2/ when he announced recognising Jurusalem as the capitol of Israel quite afew died there

They are other incidents of his big gob getting people killed, but it's late and I can't think what they were.

Trouble with Trump his big mouth has a nasty habit of getting people killed. I have to say I am intrigued by the Korean situation, did his random behaviou push the Chinese into doing something, or were the Chinese peeed off with Korea causing trouble???

Obama certainly had a nasty habit of killing people as it was him who embraced the US drone programme, overseeing more strikes in his first year than Bush carried out during his entire presidency. A total of 563 strikes, largely by drones, targeted Pakistan, Somalia and Yemen during Obama’s two terms, compared to 57 strikes under Bush. Between 384 and 807 civilians were killed in those countries, according to reports logged by the Bureau.