Jump to content

DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.
Sign in to follow this  
Blue Duck

1/2"socket to hex adaptor for impact driver?

Recommended Posts

Blue Duck

Does such a thing exist? I know it does... but all the ones I can find either aren't rated for impact or say they are but the reviews reveal a different story...

 

Any recommendations?

 

Back to looking for unicorn eggs....

 

:)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sharpend

I bought some from machine mart don’t know if they are specifically rated as impact but have used them for a couple of years on the vehicle with no probs?

of course there is also this ? 

https://www.milwaukeepowertools.co.uk/milwaukee-48325032

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Andy™

i got some cheapish ones from screwfix. mostly the 3/8 one thats used in the small impact (1/2 goes in the 1/2 drive impact). works well, does the job

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blue Duck
3 hours ago, Sharpend said:

I bought some from machine mart don’t know if they are specifically rated as impact but have used them for a couple of years on the vehicle with no probs?

of course there is also this ? 

https://www.milwaukeepowertools.co.uk/milwaukee-48325032

 

Thanks mate, I know you're a millwaukee guy but all the millwaukee impact stuff I have purchased previously has been made of chocolate, quite a few reviews I have read say that this is no different.

 

 I appreciate that 1/4 inch hex is quite small and probably won't take much abuse but was hoping there would be something out there? 

 

2 hours ago, Andy™ said:

i got some cheapish ones from screwfix. mostly the 3/8 one thats used in the small impact (1/2 goes in the 1/2 drive impact). works well, does the job

 

Cheers Andy, I have a Makita with a 1/4 inch hex.  

A 3/8" or 1/2" driver would be great but my wallet is a bit empty right now! :(

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sidewinder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
steptoe

I got a set of 3 cheapish ones from screwfix,

I've used the 1/2" one to take the wheels off my van, and even loosen the hub nuts [ 46mm ] using my 18v Milwaukee impact, so they take a fair bit of abuse,

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blue Duck
2 hours ago, Sidewinder said:

 

Like the one @sharpend posted.

I have lots of socket sets, almost to the point of OCD, Don't know why? I just like them I guess!  :innocent

Don't have a 1/2 inch adaptor though I do have a few 1/4 inch adaptors.:C Am doing a fair bit of heavy duty tray & ladder at the moment with my wera ratchet ( the tiny one :lol: ) and need to speed things up a bit! 

 

@steptoe these? 

 

https://www.screwfix.com/p/erbauer-socket-driver-set-3-pieces

 

My impact driver is 160Nm!!

 

???

Thanks!

 

:)

 

Edited by Blue Duck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
steptoe
3 minutes ago, Blue Duck said:

 

Like the one @sharpend posted.

I have lots of socket sets, almost to the point of OCD I don't know why? I just like them I guess :innocentDon't have a 1/2 inch adaptor though I do have a few 1/4 inch adaptors :C Am doing a fair bit of heavy duty tray & ladder at the moment with my wera ratchet ( the tiny one :lol: ) and need to speed things up a bit! 

 

@steptoe these? 

 

https://www.screwfix.com/p/erbauer-socket-driver-set-3-pieces

 

???

Thanks!

 

:)

 

 

mine arent as shiney as those, thinking about it, they may have came from toolstation, or CPC, but, they certainly werent expensive, about a fiver iirc

tbh, if you are doing tray etc, its not as if they will get a load of abuse anyway, even if in an impact

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blue Duck
7 minutes ago, steptoe said:

 

mine arent as shiney as those, thinking about it, they may have came from toolstation, or CPC, but, they certainly werent expensive, about a fiver iirc

tbh, if you are doing tray etc, its not as if they will get a load of abuse anyway, even if in an impact

 

 

https://www.toolstation.com/shop/p31432

?

 

I know doing the actual tray shouldn't be too much abuse on them, there is only so much a 6mm roofing bolt will take! :slap

 

It's more a bout the fixings we are using, nasty plugless Fischer things.

 

:)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
steptoe
3 minutes ago, Blue Duck said:

 

https://www.toolstation.com/shop/p31432

?

 

I know doing the actual tray shouldn't be too much abuse on them, there is only so much a 6mm roofing bolt will take! :slap

 

It's more a bout the fixings we are using, nasty plugless Fischer things.

 

:)

 

 

I hammer in 10mm thunderbolts with mine on a weekly basis,

these type of things

https://www.toolstation.com/shop/p28067?r=googleshopping&rr=marin&utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=googleshoppingfeed&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIyqWkt-Xd2gIVCLTtCh3ETQ8-EAQYASABEgLX5_D_BwE

 

looking at the picture, they look like mine,

looking at the price, they look even more like mine,  :D

I've had them a few years now, maybe 3 or 4

 

Edited by steptoe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blue Duck
3 minutes ago, steptoe said:

 

Yeah Like them but with a 8mm thread on the end.

 

Thanks! that's put my mind at ease Dont have the time to keep going back to the shops! 

 

Eat, sleep, work....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
steptoe

make sure you use impact sockets,

normal sockets WILL crack after a while, even good ones

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sidewinder
On 28/04/2018 at 21:31, steptoe said:

make sure you use impact sockets,

normal sockets WILL crack after a while, even good ones

 

This is why I suggested the nut driver set.

Saves you buying impact sockets too.

I'lll second what Steps has said about hand duty sockets failing on impact guns, they will.

I have 2 with 1/4” hex, 10.8 & 18V, and an 18V 1/2” drive, along with a 3/8” & 1/2” air operated in the workshop, they eat hand sockets eventually, even the best that money can buy, any make.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

Terms of UseWe have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.