Email will not work..

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

Can anyone help with this...

I am trying to email the local social services. i email them every day with no problems, but as of about 5 pm yesterday i now get this message from something called:

[email protected]  

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.     

Delivery to the following recipients failed permanently:

*The email address i tried to send to

Reason: This is the mail system at host know-smtprelay-5-imp.

I am sorry to have to inform you that your message, "john lewis", could not be delivered to.[the email address]

The messages was unable to be delivered due to the following issue;

550:550 5.7.1 Rejected - TRUSTmanager

Anyone any ideas?? I can send and receive emails to everyone else ok...

john..

Could also  be you have changed one digit in their address  ,  I did this once  with an important email ,  just could not see  the difference  but I'd got their address wrong  by one letter.      The  mailer - daemon thing bounces them back  at you .  

Last edited by a moderator:
No, that is not it.. I email these people everyday, so i do not have to enter an address, i just click on the persons name..

No idea what has happened.. i can email other people, just not any email address related to the local council...

john..

You could be onto something there.. I spoke to one of the others and they did not say that there was any problems..

Here is a good one.. I sent an email to them using my mums email account [same isp as mine obviously] and i "think" that got through.. How would that be as it would be the same IP address.. Or would it..

john..

I have just discovered that it WILL send if i do it on the virgin media own email program, but if i do it from mozilla thunderbird, it will not, but only ones to the council do not work??

Any ideas??

john..

If you have been sending emails from the same email address day in and day out, perhaps even at the same times of day or in the late evening then the spam program on the receiving end may decide you are spamming them and block your email address.

You would have to contact them to arrange for this block to be removed.

Why can i still send them from the virgin media email program, but if i try it from the thunderbird one it is blocked?? I have not been bombarding them with emails, just one every few days is all with them replying to me. All of a sudden it will not work..

You might have gathered i do not know much about computers

john..

Anyone know what this means??

Reason: This is the mail system at host know-smtprelay-5-imp. I am sorry to have to inform you that your message, blah blah. The messages was unable to be delivered due to the following issue; 550:550 5.7.1 Rejected - TRUSTmanager

This was an attempt to reply to a message they sent me 30 seconds ago

john

Hi Andy, that is all way beyond me, but someone sent me a link so i did it, but it still does not work.. When i look on the virgin site thing i think others have been having the same problem. Here is the link thing..

https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/200300000001000/article/HELP-4124/Updating-Virgin-Media-Mail-settings-in-Mozilla-Thunderbird

i think that might explain a bit of it..

I did what the link says, but it is still not working..

john..

On a link from the link you posted:

SMTP server
If you’re using a @virginmedia.com, @blueyonder.co.uk, @ntlworld.com, or @virgin.net email address but sending using a non-Virgin Media SMTP server, then your mail could potentially be seen as SPAM and either delivered to the recipients SPAM folder or rejected completely. To prevent this occurring, please configure your email client to the Virgin Media servers settings.

If you have followed the instructions on your link you will have the following settings for your email account now set

SMTP server Name: smtp.virginmedia.com, Connection security: SSL/TLS, Authentication method: Normal password, User Name: Your full email address, Port: 465

The SMTP server would appear to be the key point of failure causing the error message you get, so ensure that the SMTP server name is smtp.virginmedia.com.

I did it earlier and it all works now!! Best bit is, i only found out about the link as someone sent it to me, you would think virgin would... Even better, if i log into my virgin account it tells me it is closed and that i am no longer with them.. Funny how it all still works though!!! Free internet perhaps!!

john..