Voting turn out

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Voting turn out in  my area .

Census of the area...............111,118

Of  Voting age  ...................   17,796

Turn out ..................................9533

Non voters..........................     .8263

Just saying    :C

and my bet it'll be the non voters moaning about the outcome...........

I didn't vote this time round too busy working to pay my debts off! 

courgette em any way, lots of infighting nonsense in my area, they even tried to blame Twitter bots for loosing votes to the lib dems, nothing to with some dodgy property dealings which would of handed a lot of public assets over to to a private firm with no guarantee of providing homes for displaced  social tennats.

voter apathy makes me angry along with 'I don't do politics'. S'funny, politics is shafting you all day every day!!!!  Even if the misguided fools vote Tory, I would much rather people voted than not and took a real interest in the UK and how it's run.

Although I feel a lot more would vote if there was a decent party to vote for. 

All of them are now filled with career politicians, all of them lie to make it sound like they are offering what you want, when in reality they neither have the power or ability to follow through. 

They are all yes men (or woman) in one shape or another. An don't want to rock the boat so the don't risk the fantastic pension an benefits we all contribute toward.

so get involved and firkin vote, protest vote, vote for monster raving loonies, vote for greens but firkin vote or nothing will change. cos you just left all the power to the indiots to have fun with . @Rob. , in the nicest possible way, your attitude is exactly why things are so wrong. Stand up and be counted or be trampled on!

@binky I vote, an I don't see why my attitude is the problem. I've voted every time it was available to me.

Surely having a party, any party who could be counted on and is worth voting for I'd better.

apologies @Rob. I thought you were one of the non-voting public.

I still think Labour MPs are generally more honest as they tnd not to come from privileged backgrounds. But I have also argued many times that without some form of proportional representation we are unlikley to get th emore honest genuine people come forward. Ruddy press doesn't help, they are so keen to lampoon and be derogatory of peoples genuine views, few politicians will do anything other than maintain the staus quo

I believe in fairies too (Tinker bell is so cute)  :^O

PR can be a bit ****e - hung parliaments etc etc and I'm not sure Stormont is a good example due the politics of NI.  I do feel PR allows people to vote for the more minority parties like the Greens and get some representation, think they got 4 million votes and only 1MP at some point, and that in turn forces whoever is in overall control to be less dictatorial and more inclusive. This in theory should be good, as this means many people might feel voting is worthwhile and would be more likely to vote. No system is perfect, but the current 2 horse race is down right awful in my opinion. It's not even a 3 horse race since the demise of the Lib Dems