This months PE Mag, I despair, really I do

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Home for the terminally bewildered, one step ahead
So in the Black Musueum/Ill informed contributors section

there is a picture of a Trimline fitting.....there must have been millions of these fitted. The internal reflector is a aluminium foil pressing. The contributor ( and I use the word contributor in the loosest of runny dog turds sort of way) thinks it is actually a pie tin! And so does 'an inspector says'! I feel he would be better employed as a Proctologist.

if either of the cretins knew their job OR was blessed with a pair of eyes ( even one eye would do ) they would have seen the words Max 60W /100W depending on whether it was the 10" or 12" version

With this in mind how much scare mongering has this ill informed twonk forced upon his clients

just...well, just!

Last edited by a moderator:
I call them pie dishes, well aware they are no good for making pies.  ;

But its good to know that If you found one damaged you could go to a local convenience and get a Fray Bentos steak and kidney, chuck the contents, (for God's sake don't eat it) and Jobs a gooden!

Seriously!? 

I dunno what's going on!?

Same issue  ...what the hell is this about    :C

View attachment 9323
If that is meant to be an example of how a competent person does the job then it's an epic fail.

Why screw a row of JB's to the wall when there is nothing wrong with loop at switch or loop at light? and if you must do it with a central junction box, use ONE junction bov like the old days. And in an accesible loft it does NOT need MF terminals, so a case of someone not understanding the rules?

What sort of a moron posts a picture like that ?....and is so delusional that they think it is a good job??

could have done a much better job using one of the new Maxi Wagoboxes

how long until we get another ......"and to my horror inside the red fuse carrier was a lump of copper tube"?

i would email them about the 'pie dish' but I really cannot be bothered and I doubt it would make any difference. At least he did not get a prize for his 

When I saw the Hagers set out like this I assumed they were to be hidden behind a wall forever

Mike Joseph ............... why did you use MF boxes?

Some poor customer has been ripped off paying for loads of MF junction boxes when a far cheaper, (and neater), solution could have been achieved.

Doc H.

Bending radius may be an issue due to orientation of cable

just noticed it appears  there is a twin and a flex dribbling out of the bottom ( of each box)

assuming twin for switch...why use a flex for the lights ?....this is assuming it is adequately supported and clipped since it is a flex. But since it was stated that access was a pain due to the half wall I am hazarding a guess at the 'throw,drape,fish' method

just saying