New Job!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob.

Gold Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm a couple of weeks into a new job. Still a control system engineer. Just a different company. 

Just moved an got set up, I'm now living in Germany. 6 - 12months here and then I'm off to the good old USA. A few on here know In my last job I spent 3-4 months of the year working over there anyway. 

Figured I'd get a good few years in before I think of slowing down to retirement. May as well whilst I'm mentally an physically intact (Well, near as damn it).

I hope the job turns out well for you and that your level of mental and physical ability do not start to fade too quickly!

Me too , all but retired now , but I have some golden memories of the Opencast Mining industry. 

Again , best of luck to you.

Me too , all but retired now , but I have some golden memories of the Opencast Mining industry. 

Again , best of luck to you.

35+ years since was last on the quarry floor, I transferred to the processing side just before I came out of my time.

BTW. I don’t like being cold, the kilns suited me fine. Over the years I’ve found comfortable berths on lime, cement, iron and ceramic kilns and furnaces

Last edited by a moderator:
35+ years since was last on the quarry floor, I transferred to the processing side just before I came out of my time.

BTW. I don’t like being cold, the kilns suited me fine. Over the years I’ve found comfortable berths on lime, cement, iron and ceramic kilns and furnaces

I still to this day don't think I've ever been as comfortable. 

Underneath the cooling fins of a 4MVA transformer, led in the sand underneath finding where oil was leaking from. Nice warm day, relaxing hum. I fell asleep for 2 hours. 

You think !   :innocent

Nice if you can keep us in the loop on here  Rob.

I too wish you well with the new venture. 

I need to keep my hand in on everything UK electrical wise. Haven't actually worked as an 'electrician' for years. However, I work and supervise them, so I need to know what's what.

I'll still be here and posting, you may just think I've become nocturnal due to the time difference