External domestic floodlight

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul FA

Reaction score
I run three floodlights from a single indoor switch. The first ( at the side of the house) and the second (at the back of the house) both have PIR sensors. The third ( at the back of the house) does not. It all works perfectly well. However there are occasions, at the back of the house, I would like the lights to remain on. Tried all sorts of flicks with the switch to no avail. Suggestions would be warmly welcome.

I’m reading this that the two rear lights work via the one pir on the second described light? 

Usually to operate override mode you need to remove power first then once power is restored you flick the switch? 

Are you saying to have the PIR lights active you have to have the one at the back on all the time?
Thanks for taking the time to respond.I have power to the lights at all times. The side light will come on when pir detects. The side light pir does not trigger the back two lights to come on. The back two lights come on when the second light at the back contains the pir is triggered lights remain on for set time of two minutes. Thanks for your support.

Paul

That's an interesting suggestion. I'll give it a go and see if we can live with that. The only downside I can think is we get a fair amount of wildlife triggering the pur in the dark hours and it would mean the lights being on for long periods. Maybe if I alter the sensitivity. I'll give it a go, thank you so much

Thanks for this post, it was very useful to me, I have a similar problem as the author of the post