Where would you be without your 'leckie

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tomorrow should be interesting ,  the leckie is going off at 9.00am  for the day  :eek:

So up early for a wash , boil water to fill flasks and thats it ... no radio ......no morning TV for the missus ...no invoices    ( just done 'em)  ...no toast ....do the Asda shop .....lunch in the Church Tavern  ......take dog walk ....go home  see if its back on  .

What they up to? 

Turning the power off in most of the places I used to work in meant removing themselves from in front of the TV and going to see what was going on outside, which usually resulted in comments on new buildings they hadn't seen before which to me meant they hadn't been outside or looked out the window for several months!

Me I'd just courgette off down to the shed, don't need mains there and I'd get a bit of peace n quiet too. 

Tomorrow should be interesting ,  the leckie is going off at 9.00am  for the day  :eek:

So up early for a wash , boil water to fill flasks and thats it ... no radio ......no morning TV for the missus ...no invoices    ( just done 'em)  ...no toast ....do the Asda shop .....lunch in the Church Tavern  ......take dog walk ....go home  see if its back on  .
Why don't you get a Genny for the day and connect to board for the leccy 

I’m on the DNO “at risk” register. If the powers off for more than a couple of hours they have to provide a generator.

Seems I was until recently, previous owners were elderly, about a year ago I get a form from WPD looking to update their at risk register, so filled it out that none of the categories apply, posted it off, not no acknowledgement about whether they got it or not. Don't normally get power cuts here anyway, well other than very short lived ones which must be the duration of the time delay they have on the auto re-closers, water if a different matter, sometimes the water pressure will fail to almost nothing for about 1 or 2hours, which is generally down to the pumping station (I live up hill) and it has once or twice co-incided with a lightning storm, so I suspect its probably  got something like a vigi unit on the main incommer, and sometimes it trips and they have to send a chap to reset it and re-prime pumps etc, I am guessing.