DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.
Sign in to follow this  
Evans Electric

Where would you be without your 'leckie

Evans Electric

Tomorrow should be interesting ,  the leckie is going off at 9.00am  for the day :o

So up early for a wash , boil water to fill flasks and thats it ... no radio ......no morning TV for the missus ...no invoices    ( just done 'em)  ...no toast ....do the Asda shop .....lunch in the Church Tavern  ......take dog walk ....go home  see if its back on  .

Blue Duck

What they up to? 

Turning the power off in most of the places I used to work in meant removing themselves from in front of the TV and going to see what was going on outside, which usually resulted in comments on new buildings they hadn't seen before which to me meant they hadn't been outside or looked out the window for several months!

Me I'd just courgette off down to the shed, don't need mains there and I'd get a bit of peace n quiet too. 

ProDave

buy some batteries for the radio.

Evans Electric
9 hours ago, Blue Duck said:

What they up to? 

Fault at the top of the road ,  they've been switching us around for some weeks , you can see the lights flicker when they do it .  

I blame the Swedes .  

Badger
17 hours ago, Evans Electric said:

Tomorrow should be interesting ,  the leckie is going off at 9.00am  for the day :o

So up early for a wash , boil water to fill flasks and thats it ... no radio ......no morning TV for the missus ...no invoices    ( just done 'em)  ...no toast ....do the Asda shop .....lunch in the Church Tavern  ......take dog walk ....go home  see if its back on  .

Why don't you get a Genny for the day and connect to board for the leccy 

Evans Electric

I'd have to stand & guard it all day Badge.     Our friendly eastern Europeans who tour the streets  , eyes peeled , ears akimbo would onto it in a flash. 

misssweden
On 10/05/2018 at 17:34, Evans Electric said:

Fault at the top of the road ,  they've been switching us around for some weeks , you can see the lights flicker when they do it .  

I blame the Swedes .  

Oiii! At least you got advance warning :P 

Tony S

I’m on the DNO “at risk” register. If the powers off for more than a couple of hours they have to provide a generator.

Badger
On 10/05/2018 at 19:49, Evans Electric said:

I'd have to stand & guard it all day Badge.     Our friendly eastern Europeans who tour the streets  , eyes peeled , ears akimbo would onto it in a flash. 

Stick in garage with exhaust pipe to outside job done 😀😀

Phoenix
On 12/05/2018 at 11:43, Tony S said:

I’m on the DNO “at risk” register. If the powers off for more than a couple of hours they have to provide a generator.

Seems I was until recently, previous owners were elderly, about a year ago I get a form from WPD looking to update their at risk register, so filled it out that none of the categories apply, posted it off, not no acknowledgement about whether they got it or not. Don't normally get power cuts here anyway, well other than very short lived ones which must be the duration of the time delay they have on the auto re-closers, water if a different matter, sometimes the water pressure will fail to almost nothing for about 1 or 2hours, which is generally down to the pumping station (I live up hill) and it has once or twice co-incided with a lightning storm, so I suspect its probably  got something like a vigi unit on the main incommer, and sometimes it trips and they have to send a chap to reset it and re-prime pumps etc, I am guessing.

Tony S

Eon phoned last week to check I was still eligible.

Blue Duck
1 hour ago, Tony S said:

Eon phoned last week to check I was still eligible.

If you had a smart meter they wouldn't have called to see if you were still alive.

:)