Caravan coax

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan77

Reaction score
Hi I am after some advice an external aerial input point has been put on my caravan so I can connect it up to an aerial provided by the caravan site in which I’m staying there is a signal amplifier on the inside of the caravan but with only one input and my question is is there a way of connecting the existing ariel cable on top of the caravan to the cable that has come from the external input point into one input cable so it goes into the single input point on the signal amplifier?
I am wanting to run fm radio and DTV in my caravan

Thanks looked at them, do they do two inputs to one output as usually they are one input to two outputs?

if that makes sense

A diplexer is usually to combine 2 aerials of different types (tv and FM for instance) into one coax, and then split them out for separate use.

It sounds like you are talking of a tv signal only.

It sounds like you have a built in roof aerial on the caravan and an outside socket. If so you want to be using ONE of those at a time, i,e when connecting to the site aerial, unplug the built in aerial. Do not try and combine them it won't work.

A diplexer is usually to combine 2 aerials of different types (tv and FM for instance) into one coax, and then split them out for separate use.

It sounds like you are talking of a tv signal only.

It sounds like you have a built in roof aerial on the caravan and an outside socket. If so you want to be using ONE of those at a time, i,e when connecting to the site aerial, unplug the built in aerial. Do not try and combine them it won't work.
He says its to add an FM aerial Dave